Wolves 2-2 Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with that today. Lots of improvement shown throughout the team and style of play. Red card seemed a bit harsh but was Jags own doing, missing a five yard pass under no pressure!! If we can bed the new defence in sooner rather than later, things are looking a million miles away from what we had to watch last season and it’s only the first game ;)

Onwards and upwards!!
COYB :cheers:

My ratings:

Pickford - 6. Shocking for the first goal, no chance for the second, one good save and pretty awful distribution.

Coleman - 7. Good defensively but not always the best choices when in space further forward.

Jags - 4. Looked alright at the start. Disagree with the red but wouldn’t even have been a decision if he controlled the ball like a footballer.

Keane - 7. Good game but under the ball for the second.

Baines - 7. See “Coleman”.

Gana - 8. Back in beast mode.

Schneiderlin - 6. Some good tackles/interceptions but dreadful passing and no adventure about his attacking play.

Walcott - 7. Made some cracking runs which, for some reason, seemed all to go unnoticed. Good tracking back.

Richarlison - 9. Boss.

Gylfi - 5. Shame he didn’t get chance to make up for his poor start.

Tosun - 6. Some good touches. Hold up play needed to be better.

Holgate - 7. A couple of dicey moments aside he looked assured. If this is him not at 100%, we defo have options at CB all of a sudden.

Digne - N/A. One terrible attempted tackle was about all he had time to do.

Niasse - 5. His one moment of note was nicking the ball of Digne’s toe.

Pleased with the attitude today.

Seems a breath of fresh air having attacking options.

Looking forward to seeing the really new signings get their boots on, tighten up the defence and run at defenders.... And maybe a few forward passes.

Never seen a poll like that.
Thought that was a cracking game to watch, Richarlison looks like a steal for the money but should leave the diving for Tom Daley, I'm glad we spoiled the transfer window to get him.
We look like a cohesive unit at last and that is down to Silva as that was largely the same group of players that put up the white flags last season.....we battled right to the end and very nearly nicked it more than once.

The only difference in line-up from this game to last season was pretty much only Richarlison and what a difference he makes. I'm sure manager's tactics have something to do with it but he added something we haven't had on the left side for a long time.

I'll openly admit to be critical - at times - of Baines, but I thought he played very responsibly today.
He will gradually be replaced by Digne once Lucas finds his feet, form and match fitness.

When Digne replaces him Baines will be an excellent off the bench replacement for either him or Richarlison. He links up really well and has help defensively now.

Can't complain much about the performance today, given the red card..

Nailed on that Mina, Zouma, and Digne will slowly be slotted into the back 4 alongside Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.