With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest i love the fact when people ask me who i support and i tell them Everton, the look and utter shock on their face because i am not a scouser is rather amusing. For that reason i love it, besides i could never change clubs, i am stuck with this misery and joy for life!

Lol,i get the same in Birmingham but people always say at least it's not utd or lpool,defo alot more respected than been a fan of the other two

The best thing about supporting Everton, when not from Liverpool, is that you miss out on boring football chats with tedious stat losers in the pub.

I was drinking with a load of liverpool fans after the burnley game,The everton pub was bouncing after the Burnley game and I wanted a quiet pint so went over the road to the pub full of very quiet talkative liverpool fans, got to love Liverpool as a city for the football fans, rivalry for 90 minutes then drink with each other. Bit boring though all they talk about is trophy this and final that etc etc yawn...anyway they were moaning about all the season ticket holding norwegians in the new stand and norwegians pushing up the prices of tickets so the locals can't get tickets or can't afford them. When I told them my main stand season ticket is £550 I almost converted them, then they went back to talking about all these cups they're playing in and I think I fell asleep after all the merry making of the Everton fans over the road.

As someone who grew up outside of Liverpool but chose to support Everton, sometimes it has nothing to do with locality. I had Man United (The really good Fergie side from the 90's no less) on my doorstep and went with Everton because Everton "felt right" for whatever reason

You don't have to be from where a team is to connect with it's values or feel like it's the club for you

What got me interested in Everton were players like Kanchelskis and Hinchcliffe because they were talented, and after watching them I came to like the team as a whole and eventually Everton just became my team, even though I didn't live in the City. I don't even remember the 95 Cup Final for instance, so it's not even like watching that was the impetus. The first full season I really remember is 1996/97, with bits and pieces prior to that like the Wimbledon game in 94 and the Kanchelskis Derby

That could happen for any club
I too am a proud Wool but an even prouder blue, I embrace Evertonians from all corners of the globe, we are unique and should never be confused or compared to the RS.

Tbh fans from outside the local area aren't an issue.
The problem with the RS and sky teams is they get a lot of Asian/African fans for whom English is their second language and seems to generally consist of threatening to kill/rape anyone who supports a different team (not saying there all like that) in an attempt to prove how much of a superfan they are

Also think it's great to see how people opinions change when they speak to us local fans.
The first thing they pick up on is the accent which makes them a bit wary, then they become a lot happier when you explain you're a blue ,
Had many a pint bought for me when I explained I hate the RS too :)

As a WOOL I do sometimes feel like I'm considered somewhat of a lesser fan in comparison to the Scouse Evertonians

It's something I'll have to deal with more the more successful Everton get I fear
No, you’re much a part of Everton as someone like me who was born in Everton. If fact part of me admires non scouse Evertonians more than scouse ones.
You could have supported anyone but you chose the blues and the blues chose you. It’s beautiful Man

I remember as a kid outside Goodison walking up to the game - loads of North wales coaches lined up there - felt proud that people from that distance in those days would follow the Blues!
My Grandad took me to Goodison as a kid and he was from Chirk, so glad he did as my old man supports Leeds.
It could all have gone so wrong Joey.

Mikey, if Everton get more successful it will be less of a problem as the fanbase worldwide will increase and the parochial attitude of some will be forced to change.
Clubs need the broadest base of supporters possible for support to help generate funds from merchandising etc.

I live in the South of Ireland and I see far more Liverpool tops and gear in my home town that I ever seem to do when I am in Liverpool.
Ha. This is true. Scousers are lucky that only 50% of their mates / colleagues support Liverpool. Most of the people I know in Cork support them :Blink:

Joking aside, I’ve only ever felt very welcome and even appreciated by local blues when I go over.

Whenever Ive flow to England for Everton matches the local supporters have been more than welcoming. Every Evertonian thinks im there for the rs ofc, but once the cat is out of the bag it quickly turns into a stick they can beat their rs friends with, and thats always hilarious to be a part of - and the friendliness is very much appreciated.
The only bad Evertonians are online, from my experience.

Liverpool locals are probably, in general, the friendliest people I meet tbh. Havent got a bad word to say about any of yous.
Pretty much this yes. Scousers are an incredible friendly bunch imo. Or at least it hasn't been proven any different yet. Also met quite a few local RS fans in pubs and apart from being miles apart on choice of clubs, they all have been sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.