Winning the FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
......I'll start to think about it if we get to the final.
This is probably spot on and I'm going to try heed the advice. I've already started sedating myself in preparation.
But if I'm honest I can't remember where we finished in the league on the two occasions we won the cup so that's my estimate for how I'll feel this time. Won't care who tries to downgrade it. Liverpool fans, Man U fans, Chelsea fans are riddled with entitlement and jealousy in equal measure. They'll all hate us winning it and tell you the opposite. Expect stick. Two years ago when people loved Martinez they were banging on about him leaving.
But yeah, let's get them through the semi first

Would be huge. A fantastic moment for the club. We need to get back to winning trophies as quickly as possible. One might instill the belief to win more.

This is probably spot on and I'm going to try heed the advice. I've already started sedating myself in preparation.
But if I'm honest I can't remember where we finished in the league on the two occasions we won the cup so that's my estimate for how I'll feel this time. Won't care who tries to downgrade it. Liverpool fans, Man U fans, Chelsea fans are riddled with entitlement and jealousy in equal measure. They'll all hate us winning it and tell you the opposite. Expect stick. Two years ago when people loved Martinez they were banging on about him leaving.
But yeah, let's get them through the semi first
7th in 84
15th in 95
No clues there!

The FA CUP is well past it,s sell by date. It badly needs a revamp.
I would get rid of the league cup.
Design a new FA Cup Trophy.
Final at Wembley (not semi finals at Wembley)
Invite cup winners from Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Make the last 8 into a home and away.
Last 4 will be one game only at selected UK grounds.
Winners get a CL qualifying place.

Boom... no chance.

What would it mean to you?

I have to say that aside from the birth of my two daughters it would easily be the best day of my life.

I am 32 and to go through my entire teenage years and 20's without experiencing that feeling as an Evertonian is hard to take.

For me, all the dark days over the past 21 years would be erased instantly.

Just imagine how we'd all feel at that moment when the final whistle went and we won. Plus imagine what London would be like afterwards, the celebrations.

It NEEDS to happen!

Absolutely no doubt it needs to happen ;)

I hope you get to experience the thrill of seeing an Everton skipper hold aloft a trophy this very season, Lee :)

The media and sky in particular have instilled into everyone that 4th place is as good as winning something. It really isnt, I mean I get that it gives you a platform to attract better players and also earn more money but nothing beats actually winning something.

Would love it if we won it-still a long way to go though!

Superstition and all that is all!
Was hoping we were around the same place as now both times.
Wasn't having a pop!
No problem. Wasn't suggesting that just thought you may have meant it effects our league position.
Think the cup wins did come off the back of massively improved second half of season form. Maybe that's not a good sign at moment.

Palace in the semi's for the first time since 95.

We haven't conceded a goal in the competition up to the semi-final stage, same as in 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.