Winning the FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys - it ours. Confirmed.

I was given a sign from the supernatural.

Opening up a box of new alloy wheels, I was greeted by nothing other than...

1459603974.5881.jpg

That's right - a replica of the Charity Shield. Bring on Leicester City!

I was only 2 in 1995. Growing up watching united chelsea and even the RS being successful has been painful. But im confident if we win this, it the start of possibly something special.

It would be fantastic but for me it all feels a bit tainted due to our league form. It would be great seeing us knocking on the door for the CL, having our top players committed whilst winning a trophy that could propel us on to greater things the season after.

When in reality you can just hear the kopites sniggering "that's you stuck with Martinez for another 5 seasons" and they'll probably be right. I would love this cup win and praying that the lads can deliver it but for me it will come with a price which it shouldn't do in the world of performance related business.
Hi mate.

Haha, kopite behaviour!

Let's hope so mate. Even just law of averages dictates that we will win it surely?
Did you call micknick a Kopite?

Wow.

I would take a 4th spot in the league over an fa cup win in any situation. But this year especially so since an fa cup win will not help us keep our top players but4th place and cl next year probably would.
State of this.

If we win it I will be in absolute bits then it'd be windmills for a whole month.

What would it mean to you?

I have to say that aside from the birth of my two daughters it would easily be the best day of my life.

I am 32 and to go through my entire teenage years and 20's without experiencing that feeling as an Evertonian is hard to take.

For me, all the dark days over the past 21 years would be erased instantly.

Just imagine how we'd all feel at that moment when the final whistle went and we won. Plus imagine what London would be like afterwards, the celebrations.

It NEEDS to happen!

doesn't mean anything when i realise we've got the worst defence in europe and in the last 25 years of our history, it means Bobby is good at winning the cup, and good at getting teams relegated.

I know which i prefer.

Would be brilliant to win it, and anyone who doesn't agree with that is a little odd in my opinion. Even if the romanticism of the FA Cup has faded over time, it is still the SECOND best trophy in English Football to win. It's a competition we entered with many, many teams and to win it is a major achievement.

So, I for one would be over the moon for the Blues to win it. We haven't won a damn thing for 21 years FFS, come on lads.

If we do make it to the final and win it, and it does for us what the win in 84 did (set us all on a path to unbelievable heights) then even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.