Winning the FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
What would it mean to you?

I have to say that aside from the birth of my two daughters it would easily be the best day of my life.

I am 32 and to go through my entire teenage years and 20's without experiencing that feeling as an Evertonian is hard to take.

For me, all the dark days over the past 21 years would be erased instantly.

Just imagine how we'd all feel at that moment when the final whistle went and we won. Plus imagine what London would be like afterwards, the celebrations.

It NEEDS to happen!

I don't think it would rate as highly for me as it would for Lydiate, I am considerably older. But it would be a fantastic day. To see Everton win a trophy again after all these years would be special.

It would be great, but it's not the amazing achievement it used to feel like. The League and the Champions League are now so huge, the FA Cup is nice, the league cup is irrelevant.

It would be fantastic but for me it all feels a bit tainted due to our league form. It would be great seeing us knocking on the door for the CL, having our top players committed whilst winning a trophy that could propel us on to greater things the season after.

When in reality you can just hear the kopites sniggering "that's you stuck with Martinez for another 5 seasons" and they'll probably be right. I would love this cup win and praying that the lads can deliver it but for me it will come with a price which it shouldn't do in the world of performance related business.

There's grown men growing beards and rooting sheilas who never have seen Everton win a trophy.

I weep for thee.

It would be fantastic but for me it all feels a bit tainted due to our league form. It would be great seeing us knocking on the door for the CL, having our top players committed whilst winning a trophy that could propel us on to greater things the season after.

When in reality you can just hear the kopites sniggering "that's you stuck with Martinez for another 5 seasons" and they'll probably be right. I would love this cup win and praying that the lads can deliver it but for me it will come with a price which it shouldn't do in the world of performance related business.

I don't think winning the FA Cup will be enough to keep Martinez in the job. His league form has sealed his fate, along with the nonsense he has started to spout recently. Everton will win the cup inspire of him not because of him.

It wouldn't mean as much as it did in '95.

Even though its been much longer since a trophy now and our squad is much better than the one we had then, our failure to perform anywhere near our capabilities in the league will always overshadow the Martinez era (apart from his first season).

In '95 we battled and won it against the odds. That made it special.

Now we are a team that should be competing for cups regularly and certainly be in the running for European spots. A cup win is nice, but I'd happily lose the semi final if it meant mixing it with the top 4/5 regularly in the next 10 years.

There's Ford Explorers sitting in people's yards, rusting, and crushed into tiny cubes that last proudly drove on the streets when we hoisted a cup.

I weep for thee.

I don't think winning the FA Cup will be enough to keep Martinez in the job. His league form has sealed his fate, along with the nonsense he has started to spout recently. Everton will win the cup inspire of him not because of him.

I just can't see him being sacked after winning our first cup in 21 years that just isn't how everton do things. He'll be given at least another season and if we spend a big whack of moshiri's cash and we are still sat mid table with an awful home record, then maybe we might see a change.

Sadly the luvvy spectre of Bill Kenwright still lurks over the inner workings of this football club.

I just can't see him being sacked after winning our first cup in 21 years that just isn't how everton do things. He'll be given at least another season and if we spend a big whack of moshiri's cash and we are still sat mid table with an awful home record, then maybe we might see a change.

Sadly the luvvy spectre of Bill Kenwright still lurks over the inner workings of this football club.
Lads there is a Martinez thread for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.