Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, all considered he doesn't score enough for the reported fee;

I didn't want him last summer when we bid £50m plus an he went on an slotted 4 goals in the entire season in a side that's setup almost exclusively to play to him.

Too much of a gamble IMO that he'd go to another level at a better side. He didn't at Man Utd.
The counter point here is that sides set up exclusively to defend him as well. I think most managers are perfectly willing to say take Zaha out of the game and make the likes of Schlupp and Benteke beat us...

For me, all considered he doesn't score enough for the reported fee;

I didn't want him last summer when we bid £50m plus an he went on an slotted 4 goals in the entire season in a side that's setup almost exclusively to play to him.

Too much of a gamble IMO that he'd go to another level at a better side. He didn't at Man Utd.

He was very young at United though wasn't he? 21/2?

Also scored 10 the season before last I think? That'd be a huge improvement on the numbers of every single midfielder/winger we have at the club bar James.

I do think if we went for him again, the price would end up being too high as I don't think Palace will be bullied. But who knows what kind of agreements were made last summer, after he was denied his transfer, about this window. I can't see why he'd have changed his mind on a move now and am sure he will want to leave.

He was very young at United though wasn't he? 21/2?

Also scored 10 the season before last I think? That'd be a huge improvement on the numbers of every single midfielder/winger we have at the club bar James.

I do think if we went for him again, the price would end up being too high as I don't think Palace will be bullied. But who knows what kind of agreements were made last summer, after he was denied his transfer, about this window. I can't see why he'd have changed his mind on a move now and am sure he will want to leave.

Moyes generally has a good eye for a player and didnt fancy him.

Sigurdsson has a better goal per game record than Zaha.

A lot depends on the fee but for me, he's worth what he is to Palace and that isn't transferable to Everton.

Zaha is essentially Adama Traore but without the muscles - never gonna get you 12-15 goals or assists but is a nightmare to defend against, gets you up the field and creates space for others.

If he could get 8-10 goals a season he's a massive improvement on what we have... We badly need our midfield and wide players chipping in with goals, last season was abysmal....

_20200909_201847.JPG

If he could get 8-10 goals a season he's a massive improvement on what we have... We badly need our midfield and wide players chipping in with goals, last season was abysmal....

View attachment 100759

The worry there aswell is that Calvert Lewin wont get anywhere near that tally again either.

A wide player and/or CF is essential if we are to challenge the top 6/7 imo.

Moyes generally has a good eye for a player and didnt fancy him.

Sigurdsson has a better goal per game record than Zaha.

A lot depends on the fee but for me, he's worth what he is to Palace and that isn't transferable to Everton.

Or anyone else. Ultimately I think this may see him forced to stay there (barring relegation) until the last year of his contract in 2022, by which time he'll have missed the boat completely anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.