Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch that game vs Arsenal a couple of years ago? Was on sky. Unreal performance

Que jugador

Can understand why people don't want Zaha, but I actually think if we can offload some players in a deal for him he will be a very important and dangerous player for us.

He can run all day and is a very tricky player with a good cross and shot. Doesn't shirk defensive responsibility and gets fouled a lot in the box. He allows a team to defend deep as he can keep the ball, but also run with it on the counter. No coincidence that Palace have beaten some of the top sides in recent years as be allows teams to counter attack to great effect.

A million times the player Bolasie is and with him and Richarlison in the team, we would have a devastating front or wide line. This signing would really gives us chance of top 6 and more importantly, winning away at some of the top teams.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one....

Zaha is essentially Adama Traore but without the muscles - never gonna get you 12-15 goals or assists but is a nightmare to defend against, gets you up the field and creates space for others.

I don't think this makes any financial sense and only modest football sense but for all the need for us to offload and focus now on loans we can never completely rule out a Farhad-driven end-of-window trolley dash around Selhurst Park as we know he had a Zaha-crush last year. Our owner's judgement might not always be good but we really cannot doubt his commitment so I would not bet against this simply because of the Farhad Factor.

Would prefer Ocampos or Berardi. Whether either of those are realistic, I doubt it.
The only way Zaha would appeal is if we could trade some of our cast offs + cash.

I don't think this makes any financial sense and only modest football sense but for all the need for us to offload and focus now on loans we can never completely rule out a Farhad-driven end-of-window trolley dash around Selhurst Park as we know he had a Zaha-crush last year. Our owner's judgement might not always be good but we really cannot doubt his commitment so I would not bet against this simply because of the Farhad Factor.
That might have been the case under other managers, but not under Ancelloti’s watch. The only reason Zaha will turn up at Everton is because Ancelloti wants him, not Moshiri.

I think that is immensely naive. Ancelotti has spent most of his career at clubs where players just appear and disappear. He absolutely appreciates having more input with us (he again stressed in an interview yesterday that it is joint with Brands and that Brands does the hard yards btw) but if Farhad wants to buy him a present Carlo might say I'd rather have Bailey (as a random example, not ITK) if it is possible but he absolutely won't say no if Zaha is what is possible. Ultimately at every football club the person who controls the £ decides.

He's not terrible (nothing like Bolasie, who was obviously terrible when we signed him - one of our dumbest ever signings), but any more than, say, £25-30m ish and I don't see the point.

I'd prefer the lad Palace are apparently interested in to replace him - Jeremie Boga. Livewire player, four years younger, an "x factor" player - and probably cheaper.

I actually quite rate him and think in a team with multiple attacking threats he”d be a damn good signing. That said I just don’t see how we can make the financials work unless we think ffp is over. hope we can get some of the deadwood out

I think you're being a bit harsh to just look at his goal record for Palace as an indicator of his talent

For me, all considered he doesn't score enough for the reported fee;

All that being said, for the money they'd want it's a firm no from me.

I didn't want him last summer when we bid £50m plus an he went on an slotted 4 goals in the entire season in a side that's setup almost exclusively to play to him.

Too much of a gamble IMO that he'd go to another level at a better side. He didn't at Man Utd.

Honestly dont know if he would be good or bad. But my issue is he shines at palace(palace players even admit it) because they just give him the ball. Big fish small pond.
Are Everton players just going to give him the ball(tom davies is excluded from that last line).

Status
Not open for further replies.