Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually quite rate him and think in a team with multiple attacking threats he”d be a damn good signing. That said I just don’t see how we can make the financials work unless we think ffp is over. hope we can get some of the deadwood out
Surely an upgrade down the right wing and the left, certainly a more physical and robust options...

The worry there aswell is that Calvert Lewin wont get anywhere near that tally again either.

A wide player and/or CF is essential if we are to challenge the top 6/7 imo.

Big year for DCL...i think Richarlison will benefit from the new signings, hopefully DCL can too (although still not convinced)...he did improve last season, but main striker is the most important position in the team, and he needs to step up another level again...if a more experienced clever striker became available, I think Carlo would snap him up gratefully

FFS. Not really mad about this lad but if we gave them Siggy ,Tosun and Bolasie as part of the deal plus a few quid they would bite ... win win for all parties

If he could get 8-10 goals a season he's a massive improvement on what we have... We badly need our midfield and wide players chipping in with goals, last season was abysmal....

View attachment 100759

...there’s goals to be scored and goalscorers work hard to get on the end of things.

i don’t see Zaha working hard off the ball to get on the end of chances. I don’t see him busting a gut to get in the box when his opposite winger has it in a crossing position. His goalscoring stats are average because he‘s not focused on goals for the team.

With goalscorers, it’s what they don’t do that matters.

Last edited:

Wouldn't mind him,but just like grealish if there's interest they're will be hyped up prices set behind the scenes. Both reluctantly may sell up for silly money ,swerve if that's the case we've had our fingers burned too many times.

Leon Bailey would offer everything Zaha does and a lot more.

Nothing it in anyway. File alongside Lozano in the jarg rumour bin.
If goal production is the main argument against Zaha, Bailey has consistently produced less in a worse league with a better team. He’s younger but not sure what the everything and a lot more is you’re talking about.

He’s so jealous of us spending loads, unlike his club. Remember Levy wants back every penny he spends on transfers, which is why they don’t/can’t buy anyone.

TBF if we'd had Levy rather than Kenwright then perhaps it would be us with the fantastic new ground and a much better side

Status
Not open for further replies.