Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we signed Iwobi as "Zaha lite", we should offer him plus £20 million for Zaha. I can see Hodgson getting a tune out of him. Personally I think Zaha would do well for us.
I'm being serious here but what do you see in Iwobi ? I really , really hope a lot of us are wrong about him because all I see is a player who fails to impact most games he is in and that's a real waste of a great physical specimen .
Let me be clear , this isn't me being a smart arse but I want to know what I'm missing .

I think it’s his value that divides opinion. At 10m we’d all have him. At 80m none of us want him. It’s where the reality lies between the two that is the debate for me.

Absolutely. He's 2 years younger than James, would cost at least 3 times what we paid (£13m according to the BBC) and would want a larger weekly wage.

Hard no from me because of those things. Plus I think he's another Siggurdsson - likes to be a big fish in a small pond.

He's not RS level with the diving but has gone down early a few times but the majority of the pens he gets imo are legit. The lad, like Richarlison, gets fouled a lot.
Defences tend to double-up on Richarlison. If they have to double-up on Zaha and James too that's gonna leave a lot of space for someone to do some damage. Or DCL to hit it into row Z.

I'm being serious here but what do you see in Iwobi ? I really , really hope a lot of us are wrong about him because all I see is a player who fails to impact most games he is in and that's a real waste of a great physical specimen .
Let me be clear , this isn't me being a smart arse but I want to know what I'm missing .
I also seriously want to know what to expect. I thought we signed him as a challenger to Siggy, and as he was stuck on the wing and behind Ozil at Arsenal, I thought that's what he was hoping for too, a central position.
Unfortunately we have compare to Oxlade - Chamberlain at the Reds, but I thought it would be a bit like that - set free by having a new club and a new role, he might improve leaving Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.