Why me efc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick of efc....im 33 yrs on the folly..yes there have been times when we won matches that we shouldnt have etc..but in the main its been like a mistress that for every tit lick you snatch you get a grounding kick in the ballix....met many a good lad over the years that suffered the same fate...will efc ever come back and get it right?We were the school of science ffs....
Dead

You don't get footy obviously

Easy for some of the older posters to say all of this when they saw the good times. Some on here can count about 3 or 4 derby wins as their best days in football for the last 20 years. Fans of the majority of clubs have far more than that. Even clubs that have gone down have promotion wins, most have far better local derby records, most have big away wins at top sides. Everton have given us absolutely zero since 2000, nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment nearly every season.

We were never really that big a club, just had some good sides when it was easier to win things.Even in our so called glory years of the 80s the RS had to do the double smack bang in the middle of it for the only time in their history.Everton that.

Even in our so called glory years of the 80s the RS had to do the double smack bang in the middle of it for the only time in their history.

By the time I was at school age ('60s)we had moved to the Wirral and yet all my friends at school were Evertonians can't remember anybody supporting LFC except me mum . Anyway the quote above made me remember 69/70 season when we all got the bus to Birkenhead / Ferry/ bus from the Pier Head (sod that these days :D ) what a great season , great team and we won the league BUT ! the derby at GP they only had to smack us 0-3 :mad: okay we got the win at Anfield but they had to rain on the parade .

Everton are like heroin. It feels oh so good for a short period then it all goes downhill, costs you a fortune and makes you feel really terrible for years and years and years and years........

Easy for some of the older posters to say all of this when they saw the good times. Some on here can count about 3 or 4 derby wins as their best days in football for the last 20 years. Fans of the majority of clubs have far more than that. Even clubs that have gone down have promotion wins, most have far better local derby records, most have big away wins at top sides. Everton have given us absolutely zero since 2000, nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment nearly every season.
The older posters remember 1971-1983
When your nearest and dearest are winning everything
And Bob Wilson makes jokes about you on football focus
I agree it's rubbish just now
The Indian sign they have over us I can't fathom out
I could write about the money other clubs have (and let's be honest the money you get from the CL means you should always be in that competition)
Our down fall from 1970 was relentless when you look at it
Basically what I'm saying is you take the good with the bad

The older posters remember 1971-1983
When your nearest and dearest are winning everything
And Bob Wilson makes jokes about you on football focus
I agree it's rubbish just now
The Indian sign they have over us I can't fathom out
I could write about the money other clubs have (and let's be honest the money you get from the CL means you should always be in that competition)
Our down fall from 1970 was relentless when you look at it
Basically what I'm saying is you take the good with the bad

A whole generation hasn’t had any good. It’s nice to be all ‘Remember that tough decade we had between our two title winning teams’. There’s lads who have given over a quarter of their entire life to Everton and have seen one away derby win in 1999 which quite frankly was tempered by the fact we were awful then anyway. There’s absolutely no guarantee that the next 2 decades don’t be the same either because every record we have is getting worse and worse. Away derby wins and trophy wins are now treated as mythical beasts, home derby wins are fast becoming the same, away wins in general are starting to become increasingly rare. This could be another season of no wins home or away v the top 6. We’ve not won at some grounds in this league longer than some adult fans have been alive. Europe had just turned into an utter embarrassment for us.

The old success is around the corner line is wearing thin. It’s not. Everything is pointing downwards, it’s been so long since we competed that our majority owner is talking about expected losses and our manager thinks Arsenal in 6th are such behemoths of football that we couldn’t even expect to compete before a ball was kicked.

I can’t remember the last time we scored an injury time winner, certainly not away from home, I can’t remember the last time we blitzed anyone away from home. I can’t remember the last time we played awfully in a game but won it really unfairly.

Sunderland fans watched their team win 6 derbies in a row. Palace fans watched their team win at Anfield the Emirates snd Stamford Bridge in one season. Villa have seen off Liverpool in a cup semi. Most of the sides below us have seen their team win promotion at Wembley or the championship.

I’m not saying I want Everton to be in any of their positions but their fans have at least had some glory, moments of bragging rights, good days to tell their kids about or get one over their work colleagues. City fans are now paying back United fans for all those years. Yet Everton get nothing. Not a trophy win, not a single derby win, barely a good cup run, barely an away win any more. We stay up every season by beating enough of the bottom 13 at home and have our own management and owners telling us that’s good enough.

Following Everton is like that scene from Jerry Maguire. ‘It’s an up at dawn pride swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about’

Status
Not open for further replies.