Why me efc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never really that big a club, just had some good sides when it was easier to win things.Even in our so called glory years of the 80s the RS had to do the double smack bang in the middle of it for the only time in their history.Everton that.
Just watched the 2-0 win at Anfield on YouTube the other day. Had seen the goals before but never proper highlights. Completely dominated the game. Then the Cup final, completely dominated the first 50 minutes.

In a way we were desperately unlucky to come away with nothing that season, then again we crumbled at the finish. Losing to Oxford (the highlights suggest they dominated that game) was a shocker.

Just watched the 2-0 win at Anfield on YouTube the other day. Had seen the goals before but never proper highlights. Completely dominated the game. Then the Cup final, completely dominated the first 50 minutes.

In a way we were desperately unlucky to come away with nothing that season, then again we crumbled at the finish. Losing to Oxford (the highlights suggest they dominated that game) was a shocker.[/QUOTE getting beat home and away by Leicester that season before Christmas was a killer as we had signed their top goalscorer in the summer, Gary Lineker.Oxford is remembered more because it was in the last week of the season.

Easy for some of the older posters to say all of this when they saw the good times. Some on here can count about 3 or 4 derby wins as their best days in football for the last 20 years. Fans of the majority of clubs have far more than that. Even clubs that have gone down have promotion wins, most have far better local derby records, most have big away wins at top sides. Everton have given us absolutely zero since 2000, nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment nearly every season.

Hi Mate

Just a reply from one of the " older posters "

I hear you that we have underachieved big time and understand your frustration , but honestly I hurt just as much as you do , firstly personally I have had to see my lads suffer like yourself and Sheedy3 , also IMO expiriencing the good times and seeing the demise of our team is just as hard to take

Therefore what options have we got ?

1.Slit our wrists
2.Support another more successful team
3.Give up football
4.Carrying on supporting and hope for the best
5.Carry on supporting and believe we can turn the corner

I am between 1 , 4 and 5 but then again I am a schitzo ? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.