Why me efc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its our team......

Win lose or draw, we will all be here next year hoping it will be our year....

Everton forever through the good times & the bad.....
Indeed..ya don't like it support someone else and stop going. Respect to anyone who makes that decision btw..

Why me ? Because you were chosen, not manufactured. Always remember that.

Keep your chins up. If the right decisions are made at boardroom level the future looks promising.

The wrong decisions were made in the early 90s and we have a lot of catching up to do, but we will get there in the end.

Up the Blues.

Why me ? Because you were chosen, not manufactured. Always remember that.

Keep your chins up. If the right decisions are made at boardroom level the future looks promising.

The wrong decisions were made in the early 90s and we have a lot of catching up to do, but we will get there in the end.

Up the Blues.
He's upset about Everton and then you make a nasty comment about the fella's weight. Harsh, that.

Could be worse, I work with a Luton Town fan and a Pompy fan, when I start up an Everton rant these guys put me firmly in my place, not sure how I’d take seeing Everton go through what their teams went through.

The last 30 years have been barren ones, in terms of trophies won.But we are a giant of english football, with a history that very few other clubs can better.Yeah things are not great at the moment.But hey at least were not Leeds.lol Chin up our time will come again.

A whole generation hasn’t had any good. It’s nice to be all ‘Remember that tough decade we had between our two title winning teams’. There’s lads who have given over a quarter of their entire life to Everton and have seen one away derby win in 1999 which quite frankly was tempered by the fact we were awful then anyway. There’s absolutely no guarantee that the next 2 decades don’t be the same either because every record we have is getting worse and worse. Away derby wins and trophy wins are now treated as mythical beasts, home derby wins are fast becoming the same, away wins in general are starting to become increasingly rare. This could be another season of no wins home or away v the top 6. We’ve not won at some grounds in this league longer than some adult fans have been alive. Europe had just turned into an utter embarrassment for us.

The old success is around the corner line is wearing thin. It’s not. Everything is pointing downwards, it’s been so long since we competed that our majority owner is talking about expected losses and our manager thinks Arsenal in 6th are such behemoths of football that we couldn’t even expect to compete before a ball was kicked.

I can’t remember the last time we scored an injury time winner, certainly not away from home, I can’t remember the last time we blitzed anyone away from home. I can’t remember the last time we played awfully in a game but won it really unfairly.

Sunderland fans watched their team win 6 derbies in a row. Palace fans watched their team win at Anfield the Emirates snd Stamford Bridge in one season. Villa have seen off Liverpool in a cup semi. Most of the sides below us have seen their team win promotion at Wembley or the championship.

I’m not saying I want Everton to be in any of their positions but their fans have at least had some glory, moments of bragging rights, good days to tell their kids about or get one over their work colleagues. City fans are now paying back United fans for all those years. Yet Everton get nothing. Not a trophy win, not a single derby win, barely a good cup run, barely an away win any more. We stay up every season by beating enough of the bottom 13 at home and have our own management and owners telling us that’s good enough.

Following Everton is like that scene from Jerry Maguire. ‘It’s an up at dawn pride swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about’
Well doesn’t that just sum up my 29 years of life. My best memories are things like winning a semi on pens against a half decent united side, beating Arsenal 3-0 and Chelsea 3-1 when we played exciting football, winning at Old Trafford once and only once, beating the RS once that I can properly remember but these are just little glimpses, good days out, nothing to tell the kids about in years to come... my dad, season ticket holder through the mid-eighties, tells me it’s all character building and to be fair it was but why can’t we just win something, anything in my adult life?

Well doesn’t that just sum up my 29 years of life. My best memories are things like winning a semi on pens against a half decent united side, beating Arsenal 3-0 and Chelsea 3-1 when we played exciting football, winning at Old Trafford once and only once, beating the RS once that I can properly remember but these are just little glimpses, good days out, nothing to tell the kids about in years to come... my dad, season ticket holder through the mid-eighties, tells me it’s all character building and to be fair it was but why can’t we just win something, anything in my adult life?

I could honestly take ups and downs, but with Everton it’s not even that, we either get boring mediocrity or absolute embarrassment, there’s not be an up since the years started with a 2.

Everton have got money to spend now, we're moving into a stadium on the docks, the Liver building is blue owned. By rights, we should be more optimistic of the future for the first time since the early 90s. We will come good. Right now we're going through an identity crisis. That's because our clubs has changed a lot since Moshiri has took charge, and it seems like he's learning on the way. Most of that progress has been off the pitch. We just need to settle. It's been a [Poor language removed] season, but it could have been far worse. Imagine being a Sunderland fan.

We were never really that big a club, just had some good sides when it was easier to win things.Even in our so called glory years of the 80s the RS had to do the double smack bang in the middle of it for the only time in their history.Everton that.
I'm going to ignore your first few words, as they are manifestly so incorrect they do not deserve discussion.
BUT...the depth to which we, as a club have fallen, cannot be covered up, and as a consequence we have to hope that a root and branch change at the very top level in the club will bring about a change that will restore us to a place at the top table.
As if to underline how far we have plummeted, I have just returned from a very dismal Hull city centre were there was a lone vendor selling "Stone Football Plaques". Upon these plaques were moulded "A Hull City supporter lives here" I'm sure you will get my drift.
Leeds Utd.
Man Utd.
Man City
RS
Chelsea
Arsenal
Notts Forest
Sheffield Wednesday
Need I effing well go on?
Of course no Everton one. Oh the shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Mosh you prick. Get things sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.