Why don't we get a Europa place now Chelsea have won it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Chelsea’s only trophy win comes through the Europa League and they finish lower than fifth, they would defend their trophy and it wouldn’t come at the expense of the contingent of the English clubs

There you are then.

If a place had been reserved for the winners to defend the trophy in they event they missed out on the CL, then there must be a place unfilled.

There you are then.

If a place had been reserved for the winners to defend the trophy in they event they missed out on the CL, then there must be a place unfilled.
Isn't that when it goes to the Fair Play league?

Though in this case it appears that a team from another country will get the spot? I can't seem to get my head around it tbh..

Should Chelsea win the Europa League there are no additional places in the competition handed to the Premier League, even if the Blues finish fifth and win the FA Cup.
This is what is confusing me.. why is this the case? Surely qualification for the CL would open up another spot for England?

What 's the betting if Liverpool had finished 6th the media would have started a campaign to get them in and take the spot Chelsea aren't taking :dodgy:

Thinking about it, there's only usually 3 Europa spots anyway isn't there? Usually a 4th spot only opens up if a top 4 team wins at least one of the domestic cups, which didn't happen on this occasion.

My guess is that another spot isn't opened up because Chelsea already have CL next season. Had they finished 5th or lower they would have taken the 4th place themselves as holders..

/thread?

There's a thread about this somewhere already mate.

Basically we just don't, but, if you feel like having an online argument for an hour or so then "The Poster Known As Brennan" will, I'm sure, be along shortly to oblige.

Nice avatar btw.

Haha only post in the whole thread that actually answers the OP.

Instead of being dicks, can't yall just answer the OPs question?!

I see words, lots of them, but all I read is blah, blah, blah, blah!

Google it on the EPL site, the information is there every year in FAQ.

For those that don't know that means it is a frequently asked question, far too frequently on here.

I'm a bit gutted that Everton won't be playing in the Europa League next season. It's been a while now since we last had a chance to take in a decent European trip.

we beat chelsea like 10 nil and spurs win 15-0 then chelsea go 5th and we get europa league... IT'S ON

Is it right that the Jocks are allowed at least 3 into the Europa Cup? If so, to have the same number as the PL is ridiculous.

But they aren't.

The "PL" don't have an automatic three places, the English places are allocated by the F.A.

Ergo the place the F.A. allocated to their own Cup winners is filled by a team which will be playing in the Championship next season.

I didn't ask about who decides the 3 are. Whether the 3 for Englandare determined by the PL or the FA, my question was whether it was true that Scotland also has 3 places.

It goes to the cupwinner of the 7th ranked nation in the uefa coefficient ranking

1. Are we really that bothered about the Europa League? It did no favours for our biblical injury crisis in autumn 2009 - it's a wonder we weren't in a relegation scrap long after christmas! No money, extra half season, would rather lift FA Cup or finish 3rd for starters. It was nice at first thrashing no marks from Greece and Czechoslovakia under the lights, but it became an annoyance in the end.

And for those of you about to hurl vitriolic abuse at me for playing devil's advocate...

2. What is the point of letting teams from San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands or Luxembourg play in the tournament - at any point? Let alone three of them each?!

Status
Not open for further replies.