Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weak mentality, unprofessional players who lose concentration, and we are everton so everton things happen.
It does happen to other teams to in different sort of ways, Chelsea lost recently to Newcastle in the 94th minute, not quite the same but it happens. Let’s hope the players learn from it.

It does happen to other teams to in different sort of ways, Chelsea lost recently to Newcastle in the 94th minute, not quite the same but it happens. Let’s hope the players learn from it.

The thing is, you can't legislate for individual mistakes. We have players who put us under undue pressure because they lose concentration. When your keeper is one of these players results like this will always happen.

I think it's a few factors,

Too many jobs for the boys throughout the club

Players like Davies being given a chance because he's whittles Nephew and a local lad even though he's just dog muck

Fans expect it to happen, which routes through the crowd, could sense the nerves in there in the last 10 mins, let's be honest were all gutted but are we that shocked?

It needs to change we need to stop saying 'its Everton that' because that almost makes it ok cause it's Everton it always happens to us,

No, were just negative, we need belief otherwise we will always be trapped with more of the same

The thing is, you can't legislate for individual mistakes. We have players who put us under undue pressure because they lose concentration. When your keeper is one of these players results like this will always happen.
Yes Pickfords main downfall is that there’s always a mistake coming at some point, same with Keane when he plays. But let’s hope they learn from it.

Every single time I look at the table with optimistic anticipation it happens.

And it’s been the first time I did all season this week. Couldn’t be dealing with the table this season but I made the mistake of having a look yesterday and think hmmmm if we can get a win here...

when it matters we choke. It’s getting worse though it used to be when champions league was looking good we choke now it’s top 7.

It’s ingrained. As much as the colour blue or Rupert's tower. The derbies. It’s something deep. And it’s so normalised now the players don’t even feel embarrassed because it’s a long lineage of it. They know nothing else.
It happened v villa away, media saying a win will put us in the top two, and they [Poor language removed] themselves.

Because clowns like Niasse and Davies can make mistake after mistake yet still be guaranteed a game.

Because Delph can scrap with fans online then get in the team week in week out.

Because Pickford can cock about and have absolutely no competition for his place.

It all ultimately comes down to recruitment and management and we have been pee poor on both fronts for years now.

Chickens coming home to roost.

You may want to look at Niasse's appearances... Guarantee the only reason he's on the bench is that Richarlison is injured. If DCL, Kean and Richarlison are available, is Oumar getting a look in? No.

Yes Pickfords main downfall is that there’s always a mistake coming at some point, same with Keane when he plays. But let’s hope they learn from it.

I feel Keanes is more about confidence to be honest. the keeper could give Doris Day a run for her money as Calamity Jordan.

Too many players on easy street. Easy money, no pressure to perform and in some cases no threat to their place in squad or starting 11. And one or two with insanely inflated self worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.