Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how people can even do the mental maths to possibly defend a bloke who, in the middle of the interview process, has decided to speak to Sky Sports and the Mail have now basically said it was him who was leaking stuff to them.

The bloke - and his advisor (which is the real worry as it's likely the same advisor that Moshiri has) is a complete lunatic.

The worst bit about that Mail article is that they say no appointment is imminent.

Why not?

Completely agree BUT moving him out would need a board decision to do so mate, can't leave that to a new manager to do as it'd instantly turn a certain percentage of Dunc Fanboys against them.

Lampard, Morris, Terry I'd hope to see all those names alongside maybe Carsley and definitely Cahill coming in over the next few days tbh.

Morris replacing Dunc, Carlsey replacing Unsworth helped/mentored by Morris, Terry in as a defensive coach.
Cahill as Sporting/Technical Director.

Bring in a group of driven staff all hungry to succeed
It's probably unlikely that Lampard would want Ferguson out of the picture, but if he did, I'd hope he has the freedom to go ahead and let it be known there is no role for Duncan. If he was worried about upsetting anyone it wouldn't bode well for a relegation scrap.

On it's own, it would be a statement to let him go. Lampard would probably see Ferguson as worth keeping to get an inside track on things, but sooner or later, Ferguson will have to depart.

Lampard took Derby and Chelsea backwards then. Ancelotti took us backwards from Silva based on your argument lol.

Er, he got Derby to the playoff final, they got knocked out in the semis previously?

Chelsea was poor to have them mid table, but finishing 4th and then getting sacked 11 points off 1st in the PL is still infinitely more of a qualification to be a PL manager than Pereira’s CV.

The board need to stop fannying around with this second / third interview nonsense and get on with appointing whoever the man is.

There are 4 days left in the transfer window. We need a manager in now to make any signings or loan signings …. The midfield is frighteningly lightweight heading into a relegation battle.

FWIW I'm voting for Lampard now.

Young manager, played the game when current formations/tactics were still in use. Players will respect him and obviously an intelligent and articulate person. Tick a lot of boxes

Wasn't initially sure after his Chelsea experience but I think he's the sort of person to learn fast and hopefully he'll become a better manager with that experience behind him

Not sure if we stay up or not this season but he is someone we can build (or rebuild) a club around.

Mate of mine who supports Chelsea says well Frank did a wonderful job during the uncertain times that his club was in.

Two big negatives from his perspective.

Too inexperienced to be thrown in the deep end.
And the leaked too many goals.

Positives was
Apparently had a big part to play in the signings they got, negotiations and players were amped to play under him.

Attacking style of play

The board need to stop fannying around with this second / third interview nonsense and get on with appointing whoever the man is.

There are 4 days left in the transfer window. We need a manager in now to make any signings or loan signings …. The midfield is frighteningly lightweight heading into a relegation battle.
I can't see how we can have anymore incomings at this late stage, apart from Müller of course?, I think we will just have to make the best of what we have. Scary

I can't see how we can have anymore incomings at this late stage, apart from Müller of course?, I think we will just have to make the best of what we have. Scary
Not sure if there’s any credence to it but have seen some rumours that Lampard has a couple of players lined up to come if he gets the job. Although how anyone knows that is anybodys guess lol

Knowing Everton we’ll appoint the new manager on Sunday morning and be flailing about trying to sign players on loan with an hour left on deadline day.

For all the furore at the moment, it looks like there is some kind of idea around footballing identity.

That will get laughed at I know. But all three of the most likely candidates have a style of play in common. They all play a high press possession based game.

Pereira, Martinez, and Lampard all share a playing style in common. Young athletic full-backs in Mykolenko and Patterson really suit that style as well.

I think Moshiri is the issue. Not in that he doesn't back things with cash, but that he doesn't allow football people to make those decisions ? of the time.

The board wanted Martinez or Potter in the summer, they got nixed by Moshiri on Usmanovs request to hire a busted flush, who through sheer lack of football knowledge, they equated to being one of the greatest coaches alive.

Marcel Brands had his nose pushed out and here we are. If Mourinho got sacked tomorrow, you can bet your arse they'd throw a lump of cash at him thinking he'd take Everton to a treble in two years when he's actually far more likely to be sacked within 12 months and leave us in a similar position.

The protests should have a clearer message. No to Joorabchian, yes to allowing due process for the board to hire a dof and head coach to set the tone for how Everton will play football for years to come.

If their main choice is between Graham Potter and Martinez but they aren't available in the immediate term, Pereira makes some sense. He's willing to fulfill an interim role and plays with an identity that the board would like to implement.
I do wonder whether the reason they haven't appointed anyone yet is that Mosh and Usmanov are working on some madcap scheme to prise Mourinho away from Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.