Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter - won't come unless it's in the summer.

Dunc - can take the Villa game but ultimately we give him it until the end of the season or he needs to move on from Everton because career wise being the man next to 5 failed managers isn't a good look to it

Garcia - untested in the league, country and his CV isn't too hot.

Jose - 5 years ago YES ALL DAY, today not so much plus he would need a shedloads of money.

Rooney - it's just too soon for him and too much of a gamble on a very inexperienced manager.

Lampard - did well at Derby and well at Chelsea but that wasn't until he started to spend money like Little Fat Frank in the sweet shop.

Martinez - if it's interim until the end of the season, possibly but he wants to come back permanently but we paid him £10m to F Off so I doubt Moshiri will be a fan.

For me, I want stability and reliability quickly so Duncan for Villa, get that bounce back appeal and hopefully 3 points in the meanwhile we have drawn up a Manager list plus Director of Football list.

My pick if we can't get Potter,

Nico Kovac - ex Bayern, Monaco and Croatia manager

Double winner at Bayern, took a struggling Monaco from relegation battle to 3rd and won the German Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Left Monaco despite them being 6th so he is free and available now

On his style of play:
"Every coach has his own philosophy, his own way of thinking about football. At Frankfurt, at Bayern, it was different. I have to find the best system and the best tactics for this team. That said, I like intense football. To play with intensity, you have to work hard physically and be in top form. To be at the top tactically and technically, you have to be in good shape. Our first official match is in August so we have time. We'll do our best. When you change clubs, you have to have an overview to decide on the system. It's not easy to define our style but we can play with a four- or five-man defence. Every coach has two or three possible systems. We will see."

On the youngsters: "The important thing is to have a good mix but what matters to me is their level. I'm convinced we'll be able to bring young players back into the first team. We believe in giving opportunities to young players. Young players put pressure on the old ones."

A very very good coach.

I’m not remotely arsed with who he he’s shagged mate , nor am I obsessed. Who’s obsessed?
Fair enough, I am arsed about it. If he is our manager I want him to be someone to be proud of. I am big on standards.

By we I mean the club itself.

There are loads and loads of managers in football. We don't need to employ one who left is under a cloud nor did we need to employ one who everyone hated.

If that ‘good proportion’ of our squad don’t realise they’re in a fight for the survival of our club, we need someone who can deliver some hard truths to these serial underachievers.
Yeah!
And anyone who doesn’t toe the manager’s line should be booted….

Err unless…..

I’m not bothered who‘s appointed really, and whoever it is will need balls of steel to sort this mess out, but I don’t think it’s correct to say Rooney isn’t experienced enough, he’s been managing the basket case that is Derby just one division below us.
More worried what is going on at board level myself, seems to be too interference pitch side by all accounts.

As for Rooney it will make him or break him. Certainly got them defending big criticism of his Derby side last season so a learning curves being learnt quickly, would have them mid table if it were not for points deduction.

New manager bounce every week? I like it ;)
Exactly, how can any team prepare for a game against us if we don't even know how we are lining up?

They could wear outfits like on that masked singer show. Imagine the fun that could be had guessing who is under the Mr Testicles outfit as we hump Leeds United 5-0. "Get your Mr Testicles commemorative T shirts and scarves". We could make a fortune.

We dont need a new manager , we need a magician.
This board allowed Benitez to push out Director of Football ,Head of recruitment & Head of the Medical dept.

Who in their right minds walks into a club with that mess.

One sorry state of affairs.

Needs to be Dunc, he gets us and won't let the players not put in 100% as they have been doing for FSW. He'll steady the ship and then get us climbing up the table.

I think you'll get your wish of it being Dunc for the Villa game
Potter - won't come unless it's in the summer.

Dunc - can take the Villa game but ultimately we give him it until the end of the season or he needs to move on from Everton because career wise being the man next to 5 failed managers isn't a good look to it

Garcia - untested in the league, country and his CV isn't too hot.

Jose - 5 years ago YES ALL DAY, today not so much plus he would need a shedloads of money.

Rooney - it's just too soon for him and too much of a gamble on a very inexperienced manager.

Lampard - did well at Derby and well at Chelsea but that wasn't until he started to spend money like Little Fat Frank in the sweet shop.

Martinez - if it's interim until the end of the season, possibly but he wants to come back permanently but we paid him £10m to F Off so I doubt Moshiri will be a fan.

For me, I want stability and reliability quickly so Duncan for Villa, get that bounce back appeal and hopefully 3 points in the meanwhile we have drawn up a Manager list plus Director of Football list.

My pick if we can't get Potter,

Nico Kovac - ex Bayern, Monaco and Croatia manager

Double winner at Bayern, took a struggling Monaco from relegation battle to 3rd and won the German Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Left Monaco despite them being 6th so he is free and available now

On his style of play:
"Every coach has his own philosophy, his own way of thinking about football. At Frankfurt, at Bayern, it was different. I have to find the best system and the best tactics for this team. That said, I like intense football. To play with intensity, you have to work hard physically and be in top form. To be at the top tactically and technically, you have to be in good shape. Our first official match is in August so we have time. We'll do our best. When you change clubs, you have to have an overview to decide on the system. It's not easy to define our style but we can play with a four- or five-man defence. Every coach has two or three possible systems. We will see."

On the youngsters: "The important thing is to have a good mix but what matters to me is their level. I'm convinced we'll be able to bring young players back into the first team. We believe in giving opportunities to young players. Young players put pressure on the old ones."

A very very good coach.

Perfect post, pal. Exactly what I desire: Dunc for Villa and Kovac brought in over the international break.

Despite a bright start to the season, in which the Blues took 13 points from a possible 18

But it's Benitez's fault the players downed tools I guess.

Just like Carlo before him.

Everton merry go round

Status
Not open for further replies.