Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need someone to foster a good dressing room, team spirit and have players wanting to fight for him. Thats exactly what Rooney has now.

Will it work here? No idea. But there isnt a guarantee Kovac, Galtier, Fonseca etc would either. Every manager is a gamble.

We need a stroke of luck with the next one.
Rooney or Ferguson and stick with it. Ferguson was offered a job at Madrid so he perhaps has more about him than we know. Anyway, someone with promise and needs time. Fans will get behind that.

Said this before but I'll say it again: I'd take another defeat v Villa if I saw some genuine progression in our style of play. I couldn't fathom another abject Benitez display with a negative formation.
That's what I have just said. Beneti z had to go. We weren't beating Villa next week with this guy in charge. He's had ample chances to try something different. He didnt. Villa might still beat us. But now we have a fighting chance to get a result. We had no chance with Benetizs awful team selections and tactics. Very depressing really. Not good for my blood pressure. But he's gone. Can things now just pick up. And this team start winning a few matches. And as you have stated......no more negative football. And drop this awful 3-5 -2 set up ( although not used yesterday). When did 3-5-2 ever work for Everton. IIts 4-3-3 for me. More bodies in midfield .. But who? Who knows. Maybe Holgate if D.Ferguson gets the gig. And the front three. Richy....dcl ( if fully fit). Gray.
And hopefully Patterson gets the nod. With Mina and Godfrey . And the new left back. ( must learn his name).
But who knows. Sorry about the rant. Just really glad to see Beneti z go. Up The Toffees.

We need someone with enough respect to stand up to the
I really am not sure who would be the best manager in time for Everton, my thinking is along the lines of.....

Potter - a manager on the up but has he shown enough to get the job? Plays the dreaded 3/5 at the back religiously which has never worked at Everton and we`d need a massive turnover of players to get that to work.

Rooney - Inexperienced but well respected by players, his Derby play with all the attributes I want an Everton side to play with and they get points despite everything.

Mourinho - Wins trophies wherever he has been, in the top 10 of best ever managers to walk the earth, perhaps wouldnt guarantee success but PPM and win % has always been good. The only time I see he has fallen out with anyone is when he calls out players for being ? which TBH perhaps this is what this current crop needs instead of getting backed by whatever manager.

Kovac, very good manager and seems to improve the club and results the longer he stays at these clubs.

Whoever gets it there will be a section of our fans that arent happy so there isnt 1 option we can unite behind, I`d like to see Rooney get it and give the team their identity back but if it is Mourinho I wont be too unhappy, it wont be Mourinho though, I dont think he would entertain coming here.
mourinho would be a terrible choice. We need someone to unite the the side.
Mourinho has shown that he cannot do that time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.