Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.67 points per game keeps us up like.

But you can't really use PPG as a comparison when it comes to Chelsea managers - look how many of them only had 20-30s in terms of games!

For example, Lampard got 92 points, Grant got 74, Scolari got 49 etc. Hard to compare really.
He averaged 1.67 points with Chelsea's team. You can halve that with this team. Does that keep us up?

Derby County are due to be liquidated on Tuesday 1st Feb

could be that Mr Rooney will be able to come here without compo and with his head held high on 2nd?

Just a thought

Already addressed.

My thinking was based on the fact we had a fully fit first team to draw on + new signings (the ones made and the ones hopefully to come). That would make relegation under Benitez highly unlikely. I also felt that if we had to turn to an alternative to him the bounce off that would propel us forward and we'd see a major reaction.

But neither of those things have happened. The insipid display with a new face in the dugout and pretty much all the first team back in front of a fully comiitted Goodison crowd did absolutley nothing. That's caused alarm bells for me.

Relegation can realistically happen without the right permanent manager in place. I think the board and Moshiri - even if they differ over whom that manager is to be - fully agree upon that.
Your best post of '22 that I've read...

Already addressed.

My thinking was based on the fact we had a fully fit first team to draw on + new signings (the ones made and the ones hopefully to come). That would make relegation under Benitez highly unlikely. I also felt that if we had to turn to an alternative to him the bounce off that would propel us forward and we'd see a major reaction.

But neither of those things have happened. The insipid display with a new face in the dugout and pretty much all the first team back in front of a fully comiitted Goodison crowd did absolutley nothing. That's caused alarm bells for me.

Relegation can realistically happen without the right permanent manager in place. I think the board and Moshiri - even if they differ over whom that manager is to be - fully agree upon that.
My son, putting everything else aside, we are in dire straits.
I haven't seen a name mentioned yet that I would be confident of dragging us out of this mess.
Worrying times indeed.

God bless.

Conversely there's no evidence he makes players worse ?

Promoted youth, left out big names when he had too. Played attacking football, has a defined modern system of play.

Just hire him.

This will sound bizarre, but what is in Lampards favour is that he struggled when having 200m worth of player to get them right, but his best work came before that.

What it shows to me, is that at that elite level, hes a fair bit off that currently. The level where you are given big players with huge egos and fees and you need to organise them.

However, we are a long way from that, and when working with younger players, with less/no money he worked much better.

Theres lots of concerns I have, but in terms of what's needed if/when we get to the summer he would tick some boxes.

I think we would stop the leak of younger players, and we may even keep lads like Dobbin.

Grant McCann just got the can from Hull - seemed like he knew what he was doing when we played them. New owners wanted some Turkish guy apparently. Not suggesting him for a permanent manager role but maybe assistant. Seems more like the Moyes appointment of yesteryear.

My son, putting everything else aside, we are in dire straits.
I haven't seen a name mentioned yet that I would be confident of dragging us out of this mess.
Worrying times indeed.

God bless.

Well, we cant not have a manager. The best one is looking like Lampard. But I'd take Pereira on an interim basis. Which seems to be the proposed deal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.