Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just totally different levels though in experience isn’t it.

Kovac with all that experience of big games, big players , pressure situations - and Rooney who had a dreadful run at Derby end of last season, and yes - massive kudos to him- he has done well this season…but under no pressure and zero expectations. He’d be straight into a pressure cooker here.

Rooney wouldn’t be in the running if he hadn’t the affinity with us, hasn’t done his coaching badges and I just think with this appointment - which is crucial to our existence imo - that the board need to play the percentages and get someone with the best cv possible to keep us up.
2 runs of 1 win in 15 last season kill Rooney stone dead for me

Lampard's silence has been deafening.

I'm not saying he'll be made manager, but he most deffinitley will be getting interviewed again for this job at the very least.
I think his silence may well be significant, he's been pretty quick to distance himself with rumours of other jobs in the recent past, palace and Norwich spring to mind.

I don't disagree with that shout, Favre is who we should have gone after immediately after Martinez was sacked. They didn't and here we are. He's quite a bit on the older side tho.
Might be a possibility as short term manager, then, at the end of the season, moving to the position of DOF and appointing a young first team coach.

Honestly, I have no idea anymore. I am disillusioned by Everton and think every appointment now is fraught with risk. A tiny, stupid part of me thinks we may as well go all in on Rooney, if only for the drama factor and the box-office it is likely to be. But my better judgement says it will be a car crash. James Corbett's suggestion of Cahill as DoF, Rooney as Manager, and Carsley as coach is seductive. But it's more sentiment, isn't it? Are these people really the best people for these jobs? What a coincidence they all happen to be Evertonians...
Yeah, see what you mean. But the best sales people identify with the product, the best employees identify with the company.

Sometimes, these factors mean they can outperform the shiny stars.

Apart from that, Cahill, carsley and to a lesser extent Rooney, are all respected in their own right. It would also offer us joined up thinking and perhaps a clear strategy.

I honestly believe, they'd get more time and backing. I also think that were they to come now, the disruption would be far less. The risks are just as big with non-Everton, arguably bigger.

But, first things first. Couple of wins needed.

If Rooney left Derby I would think less of him, given their position. On the freak chance he is a quality manager, I wouldn’t want somebody that treacherous anyway. It would be like Ancelotti to us but 50x worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.