Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannarvaro is a little scary. I'm all in favour of casting a wider net than 'safe bets' who have been in the PL before, but China and UAE isn't exactly the most qualifying of experiences - as we found out with our last manager. Although he did at least manage a ~60% win rate in China, about double that of Benitez, not that that's worth anything.

Wish we could branch out and look for successful European managers that aren’t immediately obvious/already big names in English football. Look at how Wolves have done after bringing in Lage! I understand it’s more of an unknown but Lamps/Rooney are already very risky

Cannarvaro is a little scary. I'm all in favour of casting a wider net than 'safe bets' who have been in the PL before, but China and UAE isn't exactly the most qualifying of experiences - as we found out with our last manager. Although he did at least manage a ~60% win rate in China, about double that of Benitez, not that that's worth anything.
I agree, terrifying. Surely no one would consider such basic CV as his

Everton manager search much consist of:
Have PL experience
Played in the PL
Been on the list before( 1 new person added every time)
Not who the fans want
Not the correct choice
2 Dinosaurs
And 1 wild card

Absolute nonsense!
Did Klopp stink of Dortmund? SAF Aberdeen? Why can’t we adore him if he does well???
I’m sorry, but your post is everything that is wrong with our fan base, saying we will hate him cos he’s not from our club!!

Chemistry ffs, have you heard Wayne converse?

Why can’t we take people on face value and see how they do rather than write them
Off before they start?!
It is a bit different though when the club is in a different country I know what you're saying and it doesn't bother me too much but I can see why people say that because sometimes you just think of a player and a club being permanently linked like if I was an Aston Villa fan i'd have been really annoyed that all the media talk when they appointed Gerrard was about Liverpool it's just the way football fans are I suppose.

To be fair to him, he said he rejected the Poland job because he didn't feel it was right to take it on so soon to their vital play-off games. That said, the job he'd have with us is just as important as some international play-off games, if not more important.

Why did you give him 4 games and not the season, like you kept telling us to give Benitez? You said we weren’t allowed to judge Benitez until he’d had a full season? Why are you allowed to jump to conclusions about Ferguson before he’s had a season?

Parody account.
Because he's not the manager.

FFS!

Fixed for you fella. He drew with Leicester, the same way you claimed benitez drew with qpr.

You also aren't taking into account the opposition in those games. Any other season, and being unbeaten vs the 4 teams would be a big success.
Ha Ha Ha.

"Drew with Leicester". I must keep on telling myself that Milan didn't lose the CL final in 2005.

I like Lampard, he speaks well and he’s an intelligent bloke. I suspect he’ll of learned from his shortcomings at Chelsea too. He seems humble enough to do that.

Rooney though, I suspect has more than most think between the ears. As you say too, we need someone who instantly commands respect, and he’s the sort of character to do it. Bet he’d create unity and bin off anyone who doesn’t buy into it. Just what we need.
I agree.

The experience part is important. Itls to his credit that he's carried the weight of Derby for a year and done a good job. That shows character in adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.