Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What??? He scraped top 4 with a team that had won about 8 titles in a row and had no competition? He essentially started this decline.

Well, again no. Thats simply not true.

I happened to watch a bit of Juventus under Pirlo and the playing squad he was given just wasnt there.

Have a look at their squad under him and tell me thats a top 4 squad.

He was very proactive and positive with the younger players improving under him and the style being superior than a typical Juventus side.

Between Lampard and Rooney, heart says Rooney, head says Lampard. Just think I trust him more.
I said when he got sacked at Chelsea that I'd take him here.

It impressed me that, like Rooney, he didn't expect a top PL club to fall into his lap. He did a very good job there getting them to the play offs and he did very well at Chelsea for 18 months before the wheels fell off.

More than good enough for us, IMO.

I gave him 4 games last time: he failed.

win
draw
draw
draw

...nowhere near good enough and the decision makers know it...which is why we're interviewing for a permanent manager in the next fortnight.
Fixed for you fella. He drew with Leicester, the same way you claimed benitez drew with qpr.

You also aren't taking into account the opposition in those games. Any other season, and being unbeaten vs the 4 teams would be a big success.

I still think the candidates list will be longer than that.

But yeah, I'd have Rooney in over Lampard, just.

I think with the Everton Anarcho-Syndicalist dressing room you stand half a chance with a former player who's been there and done it.
I like Lampard, he speaks well and he’s an intelligent bloke. I suspect he’ll of learned from his shortcomings at Chelsea too. He seems humble enough to do that.

Rooney though, I suspect has more than most think between the ears. As you say too, we need someone who instantly commands respect, and he’s the sort of character to do it. Bet he’d create unity and bin off anyone who doesn’t buy into it. Just what we need.

Well, again no. Thats simply not true.

I happened to watch a bit of Juventus under Pirlo and the playing squad he was given just wasnt there.

Have a look at their squad under him and tell me thats a top 4 squad.

He was very proactive and positive with the younger players improving under him and the style being superior than a typical Juventus side.

The playing squad he was given won the league the season before and won it by 11 points the season before that, so yes it was a top 4 squad.

I like Lampard, he speaks well and he’s an intelligent bloke. I suspect he’ll of learned from his shortcomings at Chelsea too. He seems humble enough to do that.

Rooney though, I suspect has more than most think between the ears. As you say too, we need someone who instantly commands respect, and he’s the sort of character to do it. Bet he’d create unity and bin off anyone who doesn’t buy into it. Just what we need.

I wonder who the players would buy into more, Lampard or Rooney.

Has to be Rooney over Lampard.

Lampard stinks of Chelsea.

Let's face it, he's not going to be adored by the fanbase.

Chemistry is very important.

….there’s plenty who don’t adore Rooney.

I’d imagine either would be welcomed by the vast majority but as always they will need to at least show progress, which should be achievable after the debacle of Benitez on and off the pitch.

Suspect they’d buy into both, but more so Rooney. Guesswork like but just my suspicion.
I'd say they would buy more into Rooney than lampard at Everton, the same way Chelsea players would more buy into lampard than Rooney.

I'm not suggesting Rooney is a legend of our club in any way, but the media make out like he is. I think there would be a bigger buzz about the club and from fans for Rooney which filters to the players.

The playing squad he was given won the league the season before and won it by 11 points the season before that, so yes it was a top 4 squad.

Was the squad Moyes had at United a title winning squad or a top 4 squad?

If you can name an 11 he had at Juventus which was comfortably better than 4th + 2 trophies then id be amazed...i think you'll struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.