Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our days of attracting names are over. Any change now will see the mighty Duncan in the hot seat, appointed for his stellar career as...a backroom member of successive Everton management teams. Then, come summer, Wayne Rooney will make an emotional return to the club as we capitalise on his Championship experience to power our promotion push.
This rings all too true.

What if Big Dunc is the trap?

Ha.

Being serious though...I don't see why Dunc can't do it when he's got the same credentials as Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Ole, for their first jobs. Is it cos they won stuff as a player it automatically makes them better?

I'd say he's more qualified as he's worked under more experienced managers, knows the players, the club. Saw enough in his 3 games to give him a go.

Ha.

Being serious though...I don't see why Dunc can't do it when he's got the same credentials as Arteta, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Ole, for their first jobs. Is it cos they won stuff as a player it automatically makes them better?

I'd say he's more qualified as he's worked under more experienced managers, knows the players, the club. Saw enough in his 3 games to give him a go.
It's a risky one but every appointment is, especially in our current situation.

My main worry with Ferguson would be with all the vastly different managers he has worked under what style would he adopt? I would be happy with someone who just does the basics right at this point.

I think it is only a matter of time before Benitez gets the boot as things simply cannot carry on this way, so who would everyone want. The obvious choice is Duncan Ferguson to the end of the season but myself I would like a young up and coming manager given a chance so my choice would be Frank Lampard who did pretty good at Derby and was harshly treated at Chelsea.
Duncan Ferguson is NOT the obvious choice he us an interim at best

It's a risky one but every appointment is, especially in our current situation.

My main worry with Ferguson would be with all the vastly different managers he has worked under what style would he adopt? I would be happy with someone who just does the basics right at this point.

I don't think it is as he'll know what he's got, won't need time to "bed in", knows what's wrong and I'm sure most of the players respond to him.

And yeah, I think he'd be back to basics. Those 3 games in charge looked more cohesive than Silva had pulled off for months. And that was just basics of hard work, players responding, and being solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.