Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggled to see what moyes could do in 2003/04 when he finished 17th in his 2nd full season in charge. But look what he did after when he was allowed to build.

I have absolutely no doubt when benitez finally has a full squad available he will have Everton climbing the league. This season I still think he will get us around 10th or 11th. But this season isn't one I'm concerned with, next season is the one where he will have a much more structured squad and it will be the season we will battle for top 6.

We just can't keep changing managers and no matter how much some of you want it, I think we can agree that Moshiri isn't going to.
Utterly deluded

I hear you, though I did note that with much curiosity. I believe that there were some boos ringing around the Amex following their draw with the Toon. According to Brighton fans I’ve spoken to it was an isolated to just that 1 game and frustration at another of many draws in a row - but vast majority were disgusted with the boos and their next game at West Ham they were all singing his name. That said, you are quite correct with your point well made. Some fans are never happy - we have our fair share of them. Personally I enjoy watching Brighton’s style of play and to be 8th, with only 4 defeats seems impressive to me and Potter himself comes across as a very calm, grounded but very ambitious young up and coming manager who is confident enough to take risks with an expansive game when it would be far easier to play a more defensive counter attacking game. But obviously he won’t be everyone’s cup of tea
He certainly gave our master tactician a lesson yesterday, that’s for sure. I’d be behind him coming in with Brighton’s DOF, Ashcroft is it? I think they would actually be a team to take on the long term rebuild here.

One good thing for the next manager here, most of the fans will be so relieved to see Benitez go, that the new man will start with quite a bit of goodwill in the bank.

Potter turned Spurs down in the summer, seems a well balanced and intelligent guy.

He’d be mental to even consider working under Moshiri and I don’t believe he’d be interested in the job.
The sad part is he's probably just as likely to build Brighton up as he is to come here and make it happen. We have more money to spend but not a difference making amount and he's got way more leeway and patience to work through issues at Brighton.

Potter turned Spurs down in the summer, seems a well balanced and intelligent guy.

He’d be mental to even consider working under Moshiri and I don’t believe he’d be interested in the job.
I'd read that he was very much interested in the vacant post pre-Benitez but wasn't even considered for an interview. Could be wrong but I know a few people have mentioned that.
Furthermore I read a tweet this morning saying that in the managerial circles that barely anybody wants to come here. Once upon a time coaches were queuing up to join us.

I'd read that he was very much interested in the vacant post pre-Benitez but wasn't even considered for an interview. Could be wrong but I know a few people have mentioned that.
Furthermore I read a tweet this morning saying that in the managerial circles that barely anybody wants to come here. Once upon a time coaches were queuing up to join us.
We're a toxic club. The owner clearly knows nothing. There is no structure above the manager. The squad is a disaster with no direction that will take years to properly sort out and all of those issues come at a place with absolutely zero patience to allow gradual progress. We deserve it at this point.

We're a toxic club. The owner clearly knows nothing. There is no structure above the manager. The squad is a disaster with no direction that will take years to properly sort out and all of those issues come at a place with absolutely zero patience to allow gradual progress. We deserve it at this point.
Other than that then, everything's OK!

Getting to the point where it's anyone at this stage. We as a fanbase need to start reeling in our expectations though as if no one manager stays for any length of time it's impossible to get a foundation in place to start moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.