who's improved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually im surprised nobody has mentioned piennar yet.

my money is on him being the most improoved in the upcoming season.

he steadily got better and better last season .
i think in his second season he will be even more settled and will perform even better , thats my theory.

Jags improved the most over the season. He looked awful when he first arrived but became undroppable towards the end of the season and won a deserved first England cap. Osman came on nicely but I'd like to see him deliver some MOM performances. He has the touch and talent but seldom bosses games. That has to be his next step.

actually im surprised nobody has mentioned piennar yet.

my money is on him being the most improoved in the upcoming season.

he steadily got better and better last season .
i think in his second season he will be even more settled and will perform even better , thats my theory.

It depends really. He a known player now so defenses might get tighter to him and man mark him.

The key to getting the best out of Pienaar is getting similar players around him. Players on his wavelength who can pass and move and work space for him. Do that and he'll be fine.

I do think he'll improve though. He's the most creative player we've had in years and his energy and non stop running is a big part of our 4-5-1 system.

for sure the most improved player is little leon osman.

he was just a squad player for a few seasons, but last year when fit was always in the team. he scored some lovely goals, larissa aside i loved the seventh against sunderland. lovely close control, reminded me of a goal that gazza would score in his pomp.

i think if we continue in the top six and leon continues his improvement he will be pushing for a place in an england squad.

I would have to agree with you on Ossie. Every time a rumour goes round that he can't cut it he raises his game and keeps it there(this season is a prime example where we have actually watched him raise his own bar). He gets better with experience which is a sure sign of a good footballing brain. He will never have the physique that people say he should have, but he compensates for it in other ways. Like being very nimble and not scared to shoot from anywhere. And the boy excels in heart. Very Colin Harvey esque in his career. will never be the main man, but is an essential cog in the machine. He will go down as a legend for EFC, maybe not for skill, but without a doubt for heart and loyalty during his service.

I would have to agree with you on Ossie. Every time a rumour goes round that he can't cut it he raises his game and keeps it there(this season is a prime example where we have actually watched him raise his own bar). He gets better with experience which is a sure sign of a good footballing brain. He will never have the physique that people say he should have, but he compensates for it in other ways. Like being very nimble and not scared to shoot from anywhere. And the boy excels in heart. Very Colin Harvey esque in his career. will never be the main man, but is an essential cog in the machine. He will go down as a legend for EFC, maybe not for skill, but without a doubt for heart and loyalty during his service.

Good call

Big Vic by a mile, he was almost released a few seasons ago as he wasnt developing enough but since then he has come on leaps and bounds. Our top scorer in europe last season just shows how far the lad has come and he has definitely overtaking Vaughan in development now

Jags for me, Ossie always had the ability, i think hes adding to that with expierence! I dont think Vic improved greatly i think he just got more playing time, still has a long way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.