who's improved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uknightbreed

Player Valuation: £35m
in the past 12 months we have had some very solid performances from the squad and most of the players have shone at 1 stage or another.

we all have our favourte player and opinion on who's the best . but who do you feel has improoved the most ?

im stuck between jags osman or anichebe.

but i am swaying slightly towards anichebe.

this lad has scored some cracking tough goals against good opposition that really someone of his age has no right to score.
i think the lad is under rated and that if he proggresses the way he has he could be one of our best academy products ever.

he may not be the 100 % finished article by a fair bit , but he is big strong and knows where the net is.
i just think he has more of an end product than most of our younger players and is the closest to being the finished article.

thoughts ?

Osman has improved alot. He's found his position, improved his fitness and showed good consistency last season. He's should be a squad player next year but he's a very useful one. Hardworking, technically gifted, versatile and chips in with goals.

Jagielka was our most consistent player in the later part of the season. Lots of man of the match performances and clean sheets. Looked out of his depth in midfield became a bit of a boo boy but completely changed that around which shows he has character.

Anichebe is developing okay at the moment. Considering he was about to be let go not so long ago he's developed rapidly. He needs time though and I don't think alot of fans are being fair with him. No ones the finished article at his age and very few are expected to be good enough for a top 5 side. He has the tools to be a good premiership stiker and as a 5th choice striker he's very useful. He gets alot of stick for his laid back personality, that's supposedly a bad attitude to alot of people.

I'd say them three really. Yobo has also improved over the last two seasons.

Last edited:
Jagielka, Fernandes and Yakubu id say...

Jagielka didnt have the best of starts but came to be one of the best players at everton towards the end of hte season. Fernandes started slowly aswell but had a few great games towards the end of hte season, and Yakubu's work Rate has improved alot since signing, and you could see that through the season

No.

If it werent for his physical attributes he wouldn't have even a slight chance of making it. Very far away from being the finished article.

The boy has potential, but I think he's still a few years away from having a chance of making it. If Vaughan stays fit, or Baxter continues to develop then I would put my money on Big Vic not lasting at the club and probably dropping down the leagues.

Saying that I could be wrong, I just dont think he's quite good enough to make it. Hope i'm wrong though and he did do well in europe so there's hope.

For me Osman was the most improved player last season.

Last year, it was Osman for me by a country mile.

I used to be (emphasis on "used to be") one of his biggest detractors on GOT but he basically put me in place with several solid performances.

Yes I'll still get on him from time to time for being too lightweight and getting knocked off the ball too easily on occasion but he's come on by leaps in bounds in a short amount of time.

(...maybe we can sell him to Wigan for 10M...lol)

Lescott!.

Went from being a very solid partner for Yobo/Stubbs or able cover for left-back into the team's Mr. Reliable defensive 'go-to' man, a full England International with an amazing scoring record that would walk into almost any team in the world - at left-back OR centre-back!...

i just find it hard to compare vaughan and baxter with anichebe at the moment.

anichebe has won us matches and got us euro points and promotion.

to me , vaughan and baxter are all based on here say and potential.

but in fact only anichebe has 'performed' and 'acheived' for the blues at top level.
if all 3 broke there legs today and ended there careers , anichebe would currently have a hell of a lot more to shout about.hence why id say he is the top dog of the 3 currently.

granted vaughan has the records and the plaudits , but little else as of yet other than a pile of sick notes.

Actually you'll find Vaughan's scoring record very good compared to Big Vic's. If you ignored the sick notes and just looked at performances, goals and all round ability on the field Vaughan has done much more the Anichebe.

The season before last he scored something like 7 goals in 8 games (bad memory so excuse me if thats not exactly right) and Moyes even said that if he hadn't got injured he'd have started last season as 1st choice.

Unfortunately as you mentioned his injury record sucks, and we ended up bringing in The Yak who was a total sucess, so he has fallen down the pecking order now.

For me Vaughan's achievements are greater the Victors, and I think its plain to see that he has much more natural ability then Anichebe

Actually you'll find Vaughan's scoring record very good compared to Big Vic's. If you ignored the sick notes and just looked at performances, goals and all round ability on the field Vaughan has done much more the Anichebe.

The season before last he scored something like 7 goals in 8 games (bad memory so excuse me if thats not exactly right) and Moyes even said that if he hadn't got injured he'd have started last season as 1st choice.

Unfortunately as you mentioned his injury record sucks, and we ended up bringing in The Yak who was a total sucess, so he has fallen down the pecking order now.

For me Vaughan's achievements are greater the Victors, and I think its plain to see that he has much more natural ability then Anichebe

Yes that's right, 7 goals in 8 starts. Excellent record in my opinion and a big reason why we need to keep him fit.

Vaughan is a level above Victor and always will be. He plays the physical role better than Vic. He's more agressive, better in the air and actually roughs defenders up.

Victor is strong but he's inconsistent. One week he's strong and the next he'll be bullied, he's been like that even in the reserves. He's got talent but I agree he's got along way to go.

Vaughan is potentially excellent, I'd have no problems putting him in against experienced professionals. Hopefully he gets past his injuries.

to be honest im a bit naive when it comes to vaughans scoring record.

i though he only had about 5 max.

shows how much i know.:D

for sure the most improved player is little leon osman.

he was just a squad player for a few seasons, but last year when fit was always in the team. he scored some lovely goals, larissa aside i loved the seventh against sunderland. lovely close control, reminded me of a goal that gazza would score in his pomp.

i think if we continue in the top six and leon continues his improvement he will be pushing for a place in an england squad.

Lescott!.

Went from being a very solid partner for Yobo/Stubbs or able cover for left-back into the team's Mr. Reliable defensive 'go-to' man, a full England International with an amazing scoring record that would walk into almost any team in the world - at left-back OR centre-back!...
Spot on mate got to be wiyh Arteta the best signings Moysey has made;)

Ossie is the most improved i think. He had a great season an scored some important goals. I think we noticed most when he was out for a while.

Hope he comtinues to improve next year, could be a big season for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.