Who would you want as your main striker ?

Which striker do you sign...

• Diego Costa

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Harry Kane

Votes: 82 36.4%
  • Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Aguero

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • Alexis Sanchez

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 34 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese on Bendtner, ffs.

There are a couple of different "right" answers, depending on how you look at the question.

In business terms you are considering which player will give you the biggest return over time, so you're thinking about transfer value increasing as well as productivity on the pitch: only Coutinho, Kane and Lukaku are young enough to fit that description.

In terms of pure "on the pitch" contribution... Zlatan. He has an aura about him. He's a menace, and a leader. But given his age, and the ACL, I wouldn't pay a transfer fee for him. He's a "missing piece of the puzzle" transfer for a team looking to win the Prem, or the CL.

Costa is a weapons-grade bell. The type of signing that would have me question my future support of the club. Only slightly less unacceptable than Suarez.

Sanchez has a worse record against the top 6 than Lukaku and Kane. Coutinho also doesn't measure up in that regard. Both are still great players though, I like them both. I also like Aguero a lot, but he seems to pick up injuries more often than his contemporaries.

Voted Lukaku. More assists than Kane, all his goals are from open play (unlike Kane) and he's done it with lower-quality support. I can see why people rate Kane though.

Kane all day for me. Nearly as good a goalscorer as Lukaku but better all-round play.

Although if I was allowed to look outside the prem, Mbappe over just about anyone.

Alexis. Loved him here at Barça even if most fans ridiculed him. Was gutted to see him go and then the double blow of having to watch Suarez....as great as he is.

edit: Oh and in total fanboy claim my missus met him when he stayed in Punta Cana where she worked and got a photo with him holding a birthday message for me. At almost 40 its probably a bit sad that I loved it

Aguero then Costa. Don't think Costa is particularly special but he does the dirty work and makes space for his teammates by dragging defenders away whereas Kane and Lukaku just do everything for themselves. Lukaku is perfect for our style, though.

Sanchez I wouldn't call a striker. Coutinho isn't even close to being a striker, not sure why he's on the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.