Who would you replace Lampard with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as they are introducing the good stuff as and when they can.
After last season the pragmatic approach is okay surely?!
I also believe they are building in confidence and I only see it improving further into the season.
Conservative approach. Pragmatic suggests sensible. It isn't sensible.

I think we're lacking quality in wide areas, Gordon is relied on as a starter but reality is he needs to be rotated in and out not doing 70/90 a game.

Hard to watch Kudus play and not see what differnet he would have made. Him and that Chukuwuze are clearly a certain type of profile the club are looking for and hope we get it in January.

Gordon is inconsistent, Gray has no end product and not much a football brain. Swap them for a bit more intelligence and product, we will be a really strong coutner attacking team, with the potential to have Onana up to speed a bit more, Iwobi more players to bounce off, and Gana not having to do as much mopping up.

As frustrated as we all get on matchday, I dont get those who do not see the vast improvements made from May to now.
I agree re gray and Gordon. I know some people don’t particularly like them both but I think they’re decent players and in Gordon’s case should improve. However, we can’t rely on them every week as they’re too hit and miss. Gray never plays with his head up and Gordon can’t last 90 mins. If we could bring in someone like chukwueze in January we could bring gray or Gordon off the bench which would give us a good threat late on in games.

Conservative approach. Pragmatic suggests sensible. It isn't sensible.
Sensible and realistic is exactly what we need after the horror of last season!!!
-realistic in how he sets a team up based on level of opposition/ limited attacking options still.
-sensible by making us hard to beat and stopping the amount of goals conceded.

Clearly he won’t be able to win with some ‘supporters’.

Absolutely not!

I don't think he'd work under a DOF structure. Plus his tactics are antiquated now.

His tactics are quite similar to how we play away from home, but not quite as negative and with the odd shot on target.

Sensible and realistic is exactly what we need after the horror of last season!!!
-realistic in how he sets a team up based on level of opposition/ limited attacking options still.
-sensible by making us hard to beat and stopping the amount of goals conceded.

Clearly he won’t be able to win with some ‘supporters’.
How quickly some of us forget how rancid we were last season

You can't rinse the stink off that in just one season

His tactics are quite similar to how we play away from home, but not quite as negative and with the odd shot on target.
Still doesn't fill my young up and coming manager who Thelwell would appoint which was my original answer.

While the King of Gravy did a job for us, I don't want to go back to those days, I want us to strive forward in a set system that we can fill positions on the fiesld and off it with actual specific player and staff who work well in the roles they are employed for. ie Not Square pegs into round holes.

Done a good job so far feels similar to how when moyes came in. Had a long term plan at the club started making us harder to beat by improving the defence and now needs work on the attack. We have had nearly every time of manager recent seasons i was actually hapoy when koeman fgot picked after that havent really had view until carlo who was high quality

I'm just saying we're a third of the way through this season. Lampard has managed over 30 league games. When are we moving on from the first half of last year? One day it has to stop being an excuse for all shortcomings.
This is like banging my head against a wall

1) We are getting better results this season compared to the second half of last season
2) The eye test tells me that not only are we getting better results, we are more deserving of those results. Much more difficult to beat
3) We literally lost our best attacking player from last season and replaced him with......Dwight McNeil
4) For the 8-10 games we were either playing with no striker at all, or with Solomon Rondon. A guy that wouldn't be dominating the MLS

I don't understand what's so difficult to understand that Frank has us moving in the right direction.

I'd like to play like Pep as well, but we don't have the talent for that

The time to question Frank is after another summer of signings, and see how we are playing next season. If we still have no idea what we're doing in attack, then we can have that conversation at that point

9FCFFCAF-B0D1-4C7C-8090-F976FC0B4B81.jpeg

Even Jesus weeps, when Big Oil starts posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.