Who would you replace Lampard with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't. I see no reason to change nor any promising candidate who would fit the bill.

Has changed his principles and ideas to adapt to what he has available..
Has planted the foundations for a hard-to-beat team who CAN play football - although not yet consistently.
Is still short of his desired winger(s)
Has a strong connection with the club and its stakeholders (mostly the fans).

I am always really sceptical of "oh he has a connection with the fans", but after seeing Benitez work his disastrous ways you can see it does play a part. Stability, one big group pulling together. He is not perfect, no manager is, he is still a young manager and he HAS shown beyond doubt he learns from games, from periods of good and bad. The one thing the media always like to ignore is the fact that Lampard came in, played football, soon showed the players weren't up to it and changed his whole philosophy to ensure we beat the drop. Managers relating to the supporters, particulary with no previous connection

I dont think we are anywhere near Lampard's preferred style yet but he identifeid our centrebacks were weak mentally and immediately in summer corrected that, we still have a lot to do but I dont get this big agenda from certain aspects of fans and the media to get him out. More than any other manager since probably Moyes and perhaps Martinez' we can see the foundations of the team. Martinez' failure to adapt and adjust his style cost him dearly but you could see a clear footprint of what he wanted to do, whether it worked is another question. Evidently it worked first season but over time it showed the players he was signing/using, not all were up to it. Moyes was clear as day, defend first, and over time got better and better with more technical footballers. Lampard you can see the foundations are in place.

Can be frustrating at times btu for the first time in a long time I can see the big picture and hope it pans out how it plans to.

I'm hoping Lampard stays for a long time.

Tired of the usual names being thrown about and a load of unknowns because they are 'trendy'

Some new attacking options in January and we will be fine.

I dont actually think we have been too bad this season, so many positives and improvements on last season.

I wouldn't. I see no reason to change nor any promising candidate who would fit the bill.

Has changed his principles and ideas to adapt to what he has available..
Has planted the foundations for a hard-to-beat team who CAN play football - although not yet consistently.
Is still short of his desired winger(s)
Has a strong connection with the club and its stakeholders (mostly the fans).

I am always really sceptical of "oh he has a connection with the fans", but after seeing Benitez work his disastrous ways you can see it does play a part. Stability, one big group pulling together. He is not perfect, no manager is, he is still a young manager and he HAS shown beyond doubt he learns from games, from periods of good and bad. The one thing the media always like to ignore is the fact that Lampard came in, played football, soon showed the players weren't up to it and changed his whole philosophy to ensure we beat the drop. Managers relating to the supporters, particulary with no previous connection

I dont think we are anywhere near Lampard's preferred style yet but he identifeid our centrebacks were weak mentally and immediately in summer corrected that, we still have a lot to do but I dont get this big agenda from certain aspects of fans and the media to get him out. More than any other manager since probably Moyes and perhaps Martinez' we can see the foundations of the team. Martinez' failure to adapt and adjust his style cost him dearly but you could see a clear footprint of what he wanted to do, whether it worked is another question. Evidently it worked first season but over time it showed the players he was signing/using, not all were up to it. Moyes was clear as day, defend first, and over time got better and better with more technical footballers. Lampard you can see the foundations are in place.

Can be frustrating at times btu for the first time in a long time I can see the big picture and hope it pans out how it plans to.
Maybe get round to doing it then

I'm hoping Lampard stays for a long time.

Tired of the usual names being thrown about and a load of unknowns because they are 'trendy'

Some new attacking options in January and we will be fine.

I dont actually think we have been too bad this season, so many positives and improvements on last season.

I think we're lacking quality in wide areas, Gordon is relied on as a starter but reality is he needs to be rotated in and out not doing 70/90 a game.

Hard to watch Kudus play and not see what differnet he would have made. Him and that Chukuwuze are clearly a certain type of profile the club are looking for and hope we get it in January.

Gordon is inconsistent, Gray has no end product and not much a football brain. Swap them for a bit more intelligence and product, we will be a really strong coutner attacking team, with the potential to have Onana up to speed a bit more, Iwobi more players to bounce off, and Gana not having to do as much mopping up.

As frustrated as we all get on matchday, I dont get those who do not see the vast improvements made from May to now.

I think we're lacking quality in wide areas, Gordon is relied on as a starter but reality is he needs to be rotated in and out not doing 70/90 a game.

Hard to watch Kudus play and not see what differnet he would have made. Him and that Chukuwuze are clearly a certain type of profile the club are looking for and hope we get it in January.

Gordon is inconsistent, Gray has no end product and not much a football brain. Swap them for a bit more intelligence and product, we will be a really strong coutner attacking team, with the potential to have Onana up to speed a bit more, Iwobi more players to bounce off, and Gana not having to do as much mopping up.

As frustrated as we all get on matchday, I dont get those who do not see the vast improvements made from May to now.
All flash and no substance, avoid if possible.

I understand this is a hypothetical question so I'll answer as such.

Lampard is an energetic young manager who played in the Premiership, studied some fantastic managers at work and won all there was to win domestically and in Europe. Kevin Thelwell therefore should be looking at a similar foil with similar formation preferences so the squad can continue to be shaped to play a certain way from the youth teams up to the first team. This is the only way for a DOF system to work. It has to be a long term vision.

I understand this is a hypothetical question so I'll answer as such.

Lampard is an energetic young manager who played in the Premiership, studied some fantastic managers at work and won all there was to win domestically and in Europe. Kevin Thelwell therefore should be looking at a similar foil with similar formation preferences so the squad can continue to be shaped to play a certain way from the youth teams up to the first team. This is the only way for a DOF system to work. It has to be a long term vision.
So, Sam allardyce?

Maybe get round to doing it then
I see it as they are introducing the good stuff as and when they can.
After last season the pragmatic approach is okay surely?!
I also believe they are building in confidence and I only see it improving further into the season.

The average manager in top flight football in the modern game lasts approx. 2-3 seasons at one club before getting the boot.

Lampard wont be going anywhere this season but I highly doubt 3 seasons from now he will still be our manager (unless he pulls off a big coup like a top 4 finish or trophy win).

I imagine once BMD is / nearly built and the FFP situation has improved he'll inevitably be moved on at some point. Hence why the "he's one of us" "he gets us" stuff is cringe.

The average manager in top flight football in the modern game lasts approx. 2-3 seasons at one club before getting the boot.

Lampard wont be going anywhere this season but I highly doubt 3 seasons from now he will still be our manager (unless he pulls off a big coup like a top 4 finish or trophy win).

I imagine once BMD is / nearly built and the FFP situation has improved he'll inevitably be moved on at some point. Hence why the "he's one of us" "he gets us" stuff is cringe.
Would you say it's Geordie behaviour?

I understand there are other facts and circumstances at play, but how long have Klopp and Pep been at their clubs again?

Why does Chelsea always seem to underperform in the league? And relative to their talent

Look at what Arsenal sticking with Arteta has brought them

Sure, these are individual factoids. But big picture, striving for stability can be a good thing. Especially for a club like us that's overseen some awful footy since the stability of Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.