Who would you play Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see silva come out on the pitch against Valencia and see lookmans reaction it makes me angry. Stick him in the reserves

Sorry to digress, but that cracking photo of yours caught my eye, seeing the League championship trophy & Charity Shield, it really was a marvellous team
with Tony Kay in it (Such shame on him, but correct). I think this is the first photograph I've seen of Harry Catterick laughing. I'd say the photo was taken just before we played 'Inter' in the European Cup.

My team would be pretty much unchanged to be honest.

Pickford

Baines
Keane
Holgate
Coleman

Gana

Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Walcott

Niasse
Tosun

Nothing against Schneiderlin, I just don't think we need two holding midfielders. Niasse do the running for Cenk, Richarlison and Walcott can do the crossing.
Zouma, Bernard and Digne can stay on bench until a little more up to scratch. I don't even think Mina is in Liverpool yet is he? Zouma hasn't had a pre-season.

Ease them in.

My team would be pretty much unchanged to be honest.

Pickford

Baines
Keane
Holgate
Coleman

Gana

Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Walcott

Niasse
Tosun

Nothing against Schneiderlin, I just don't think we need two holding midfielders. Niasse do the running for Cenk, Richarlison and Walcott can do the crossing.
Zouma, Bernard and Digne can stay on bench until a little more up to scratch. I don't even think Mina is in Liverpool yet is he? Zouma hasn't had a pre-season.

Ease them in.

Mina has been training today I think mate

Would be nice to see Digne over Baines but my guess is that it’ll be Holgate in for Jags and no other changes but the bench.

Mina has been training today I think mate

But one two training sessions? Will that be enough? Get him ready for Bournemouth, and should be merit that start then give him a go.

In an ideal situation well he coasting on Saturday so with 15 minutes to go we’d be able to give him and Bernard a little run out.

But one two training sessions? Will that be enough? Get him ready for Bournemouth, and should be merit that start then give him a go.

In an ideal situation well he coasting on Saturday so with 15 minutes to go we’d be able to give him and Bernard a little run out.

Oh no I don't think he'll start. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he's even involved. Just saying, I think he's in Liverpool.

We'll probably find out more in Silva's presser.

It's so gorgeous to actually have quality competition in our squad for possibly the first time in decades.

Richarlison, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Lookman, Gomes, Gueye and Schneiderlin on the rare days he turns up are easily top-six quality midfielders, if not top four. That's eight players for 5 positions. Then there's promising lids such as Baningime and Dowell, and even Davies if he decides to perform like he did in 2016.

In defence, Zouma and Mina, on paper at least, are quality defenders, and Holgate has shown he has a lot of potential. I don't see how Keane can fit into a high-lined defence and he'd need to show some insane form to get back on my good side as I think he's awful. Full back areas we have two real good starting full backs, and Baines can more than fill in when needed for this season, and Kenny is an option in an emergency at right back.

Obviously no real competition for Pickford in goal which is a concern as he could become complacent, but hopefully that'll be addressed in the coming two transfer windows.

I'll be interested to see how we perform if/when Tosun becomes unavailable, as it's either DCL or Niasse in for him and that simply is not good enough, unless they see Richarlison as an out-and-out striker too. Not sure if he played there for Watford? I can see him being able to adapt like, he's quick, strong, can finish ...

Exciting times though for sure - what an outstanding squad transformation in one mere transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.