• Osman

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Barkley

Votes: 16 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will view Watford (at Goodison) a major threat. I suspect we will sit deep and try to hit them on the counter. The defensive qualities of Cleverley probably see him as preferred choice on the right. McCarthy and Barry will of course protect our back 4 (and Howard) from the dangerous Watford strike force, but I imagine Bobby will insist on Cleverley putting in a big defensive shift. With such in mind, I suggest Naisy (who always gives it his all) will be the man to also be able to drop back and assist the defence.
Should be a great game...Solo lo Mejor

In the words of you...
:rant:

I wanted to create a separate discussion point on this to gather views before the big day. I've been increasingly optimistic about our chances going into the season (going against the grain it seems) but my big worry is who will actually start on the left in our opening game, and whether that means we're in for another season of square pegs in round holes.

I've only included people who I think might actually start there... the list includes ZERO left wingers, unless I have forgotten anyone. I have a real fear it's going to be Cleverley, but I guess I hope it's Deulofeu (Osman for safety), and Kev on the right side.

Edit: This is who you think WILL start, not who you want. I think Osman. Or Barkley. Lol.
Should this thread not be entitled Who will be LEFT to play vs Watford?

Given all the injuries, this would be my pick ...
image.jpg

Cleverly looked comfortable on the left in the first half the other day, and linked well with Baines, something we lacked last season. Nailed on for me, regardless of who's fit.
I thought that when we signed him but he then didn't play him there all pre-season but maybe he didn't want to start everyone fuming. Maybe all this talk of a foreign player and getting someone in etc is just talk.

I think we'll buy Lennon and Mirallas will leave and that will be us for the season unless Stones goes.

Well sounds like Mirallas is fit, so he'll get the job. That said I see left and right swapping around throughout.

Now the question is who's going on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.