• Osman

Votes: 46 19.1%
  • Barkley

Votes: 16 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it being Kev and Geri just not the way we have done it for 11/12 years and with us lacking creativity through the middle from the regular starters its going to be a link man as usual.

Most likely Osman he always manages to find his way in to the team somehow but its basically like picking the last kid when teams were getting picked back in school.

Voted for Clev just because it was only one based on pre season who may be alright there but not close to making me feel happy about it, wouldn't even be happy with Pienaar being the main choice considering his last couple of years.

Although think Deulofeu will play, guess he'll be a sub having missed a bit of preseason.
So Kev on right and Osman on the left if we line up as a 4231, probably Barkley as AM.

If we line up as a 433
mcCarthy Barry Cleverley
Naismith Lukaku Mirallas

I thought we'd got over this 'Leon is trash' business....every time he played last season, especially coming on as a substitute which looked a far more cohesive and attacking team. I still believe he's a bit lightweight and easily outmuscled, but you can't knock the quality in his feet compared to most in our squad.

Roberto simply has to go with two wingers and go for it, starting with just one last season was part of our problems as we struggled for creativity and got sussed out so easily by other teams.

Providing both are fit, Kev and Geri please Roberto.

I thought we'd got over this 'Leon is trash' business....every time he played last season, especially coming on as a substitute which looked a far more cohesive and attacking team. I still believe he's a bit lightweight and easily outmuscled, but you can't knock the quality in his feet compared to most in our squad.

I love Osman, but he's no winger. In the games he is used, he should only play in the middle. While the likes of Barkley and Mirallas can often be guilty of overplaying things, Osman gives us a bit of plain old directness that we need sometimes. He's not a winger. He wasnt a winger before his legs went, now he's older and slower, he's definitely not a winger.

Answer to original question, we've got to try Mirallas and Geri together on the wings at some point havent we? I still expect it will be Naismith starting out wide...and again like Osman, I like Naismith. But he's not a bloody winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.