Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D229E868-7D1B-4FDB-BB3A-EFD01393857A.jpeg

Not really. Not if I think it’s an even bigger certainty that Dyche takes us down.
I think Dyche will do a better job than Lampard, but I think it would be short term again, we cant keep sacking managers. The next guy needs to be a manager capable of building a top half PL team.... Or it is rinse and repeat all over again.

We need someone who's a strong character & can liven things up. Lampard isn't capable of doing that. The players look like they've already accepted their fate even with 54 points still left to be won & lost. I'd give it to Big Sam until the end of the season. He's a cage rattler that's for sure.

Should have gone after Bournemouth and we should have lined a manager and players up when the World Cup was on. Said it at the time.
As soon you start to think ‘give him one more game and sack him if we lose’ it’s already past time to go. He should never have had that game today.

Ultimately, we need to have a football manager. One who will come, now.

The reality is, who would come?

I wanted Emery before Villa got him. Those types of managers we've not got a sniff of a chance now.

So we either go completely unproven/untested an hope they can handle the pressure of 1) trying to keep us up and if not, relegation and 2) trying to promote us first time of asking.

The only bloke I can think of is Sean Bloody Dyche. He kept worse teams up for 5+ seasons. He had worse teams promoted at first time of asking.

Maybe a football hipster can come along and tell me someone else.
That's the thing. People calling for the likes of Tuchel or Pochettino are forgetting to factor in that the men themselves have to agree to take the job. It's not just about us offering it to them. Guys like that aren't walking into this dumpster fire.

The bold part is right. We either take a wild swing on an unknown or we go with someone like Dyche. Obviously not most people's first choice, but we're not talking giving the keys over to him for the next five years - just the next six months.

We need someone who's a strong character & can liven things up. Lampard isn't capable of doing that. The players look like they've already accepted their fate even with 54 points still left to be won & lost. I'd give it to Big Sam until the end of the season. He's a cage rattler that's for sure.
Except we treated him appallingly
Sacking him after the job he did (& was tasked to do) was disgraceful. He should, at the very least, have been given the opportunity of a summer’s transfer activity and a full season

Status
Not open for further replies.