Who has done more damage to Everton FC?

Well

• Moshiri

• Kenwright

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell with Moshiri, but for me... as long as Kenwright is there, we won’t see a proper Moshiri.

I’m sure anyone who’s worked in an office environment, or remembers school will remember a bad teacher means little progress.

Kenwright is the worst thing to ever happen to Everton football club to me. I have no doubt in my mind that he’s a good blue, and I’m thankful that he took the club from Johnson, but that’s about it.

Whilst I’m not a fan of Moyes (mainly for his behaviour towards toward the end and mentality that it was a “privilege” to even be in the top half), he saved Kenwright from ruining the club with some shrewd signings, but let’s not forget... the fella wanted Gary Megson for god sake.
Had Moyes not had that purple spell, with one of the best Everton teams of the last 30 years, we’d 10000% be languishing in league two or something now.
  1. He “cried”, when he sold Rooney to United for a paltry £27.5m... a deal so bad, United kept giving us casts offs, as an apology.
  2. He “remorgaged his house”, to save the club going bust.... your house isn’t worth £75m mate.
  3. He tried to move us to Kirkby, he tried to blag goodison was going to fail it’s health certificate... (15 years on... and we’re still goiNg strong).
  4. He let Kings Dock slip through our hands... for £30m... even though Gregg offered the money. He couldn’t stand losing shares.
  5. Pushed away advances of Sheikh Mansour... who went on to make an empire at City.
  6. Fortress money? Yeah okay.... let’s forget about rhat
  7. Sold players last minute to avoid investing back into the squad e.g. Arteta
  8. Asset stripped the club... hospitality, Merchandise? Not a penny for us though... well in Bill.
  9. So arguably, you could say Moshiri has made worse decisions, but that’s only because he did them. Approaching 20 years of ownership and we’ve had... countless false promises, 3 failed stadiums, a stadium falling down, a manager promised the world until he stopped trying and let’s not forget our longest trophy-less period in our entire 140-Year History.

Think the main difference like or hate him Kenwright is one of us and feels the pain of our dire performances. Moshiri the accountant sees a sellout crowd and thinks of a possible parachute payment.
One of us? I’ve met him and have never met another Evertonian like him, and that is meeting Blue fans over seventy years. Billy has quite a few supporters on here, can any of them give me concrete evidence of his allegiance to Everton growing up, anyone go to the game with him as a youngster? teenager? in their twenties?thirties? forties even, in fact did he have any casual friends he went to the match with? Did he ever have any long term friends who went anywhere with him?

One of us? I’ve met him and have never met another Evertonian like him, and that is meeting Blue fans over seventy years. Billy has quite a few supporters on here, can any of them give me concrete evidence of his allegiance to Everton growing up, anyone go to the game with him as a youngster? teenager? in their twenties?thirties? forties even, in fact did he have any casual friends he went to the match with? Did he ever have any long term friends who went anywhere with him?
He's an obvious liar then. Moshiri on the other hand,it's doubtful he even knew what shape the ball was until he invested in Arsenal.

Kenwright joined the board in 1989 (when we were still a 'big 5' club) and has had influence for the last 30 years. Moshiri bought his shares in 2016 so has had influence for nearly 4 years.

Laughable to even compare them.

Moshiri may not be the answer but Kenwright certainly hasn't been. Fans of a big club with ambitions wouldn't have put up with this clown for decades and would've forced him out pure time ago not pathetically defend him like plenty of our lot do.

After his 1999 buy out of the previous owner he's spent the last 20 years since he's been head honcho living off his Evertonian credentials and little else. It certainly can't be his achievements because there haven't been any.

He's more interested in keeping his beloved Chairmans seat than seeing long overdue success at this club. We really are lumbered with him until he pops his clogs. He's

Kenwright is our Doug Ellis...but at least Villa won a few trophies with him at the helm.

Last edited:

Kenwright joined the board in 1989 (when we were still a 'big 5' club) and has had influence for the last 30 years. Moshiri bought his shares in 2016 so has had influence for nearly 4 years.

Laughable to even compare them.

Moshiri may not be the answer but Kenwright certainly hasn't been. Fans of a big club with ambitions wouldn't have put up with this clown for decades and would've forced him out pure time ago not pathetically defend him like plenty of our lot do.

After his 1999 buy out of the previous owner he's spent the last 20 years since he's been head honcho living off his Evertonian credentials and little else. It certainly can't be his achievements because there haven't been any.

He's more interested in keeping his beloved Chairmans seat than seeing long overdue success at this club. We really are lumbered with him until he pops his clogs. He's

Kenwright is our Doug Ellis...but at least Villa won a few trophies with him at the helm.
Another thing was that Kenwright and Moyes created this ' Knife to a Gunfight ' nonsense, which is something we are still being strangled by years later.

Time will tell with Moshiri, but for me... as long as Kenwright is there, we won’t see a proper Moshiri.

I’m sure anyone who’s worked in an office environment, or remembers school will remember a bad teacher means little progress.

Kenwright is the worst thing to ever happen to Everton football club to me. I have no doubt in my mind that he’s a good blue, and I’m thankful that he took the club from Johnson, but that’s about it.

Whilst I’m not a fan of Moyes (mainly for his behaviour towards toward the end and mentality that it was a “privilege” to even be in the top half), he saved Kenwright from ruining the club with some shrewd signings, but let’s not forget... the fella wanted Gary Megson for god sake.
Had Moyes not had that purple spell, with one of the best Everton teams of the last 30 years, we’d 10000% be languishing in league two or something now.
  1. He “cried”, when he sold Rooney to United for a paltry £27.5m... a deal so bad, United kept giving us casts offs, as an apology.
  2. He “remorgaged his house”, to save the club going bust.... your house isn’t worth £75m mate.
  3. He tried to move us to Kirkby, he tried to blag goodison was going to fail it’s health certificate... (15 years on... and we’re still goiNg strong).
  4. He let Kings Dock slip through our hands... for £30m... even though Gregg offered the money. He couldn’t stand losing shares.
  5. Pushed away advances of Sheikh Mansour... who went on to make an empire at City.
  8. Asset stripped the club... hospitality, Merchandise? Not a penny for us though... well in Bill.
  9. So arguably, you could say Moshiri has made worse decisions, but that’s only because he did them. Approaching 20 years of ownership and we’ve had... countless false promises, 3 failed stadiums, a stadium falling down, a manager promised the world until he stopped trying and let’s not forget our longest trophy-less period in our entire 140-Year History.

You've listed all the negatives but failed to put what he did well, which makes for an extremely one sided argument.

So in order of balance here are the positives:
  1. Blue gravel around the pitch
With the weight of that evidence I bet that you're going to change your mind now.

He's an obvious liar then. Moshiri on the other hand,it's doubtful he even knew what shape the ball was until he invested in Arsenal.
Moshiri has never claimed, to my knowledge, being a football fan, on the other hand Billy has claimed he’s followed Everton from a schoolboy in the boy’s pen to the present day, I’m asking for anybody with evidence to support this,I already know he tells porkies, he’s proved it often enough over the years.

Moshiri has never claimed, to my knowledge, being a football fan, on the other hand Billy has claimed he’s followed Everton from a schoolboy in the boy’s pen to the present day, I’m asking for anybody with evidence to support this,I already know he tells porkies, he’s proved it often enough over the years.
Moshiri's managerial choices prove your point. And as for Kenwright you seem to be ITK on his life's entertainment choices. Unless a forum member happens to be one of his childhood friends we'll have to take your word.

All of this.

Total managed decline under Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.