Gana (NewCDM)
Walcott Vlasic Sigurdsson Lookman
Tosun

Or

Pickford
Holgate Mori Keane
Coleman New CM, Gana NewLB
Walcott Niasse Lookman

Priorities for me are; new deep lying strong CM and LB. Then maybe another midfielder allowing us to move on Macca, maybe even davies

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickford
Coleman
Kenny
Mori
Holgate
Martina
Keane
Baines
Gueye
Davies (loaned)
Baningime
Klaassen
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Niasse
Tosun
Walcott
DCL
Bolasie
Lookman

21 I would retain

Fully fit:
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Mori NewLB
Gana (NewCDM)
Tosun

Or

Pickford
Holgate Mori Keane
Walcott Niasse Lookman

Priorities for me are; new deep lying strong CM and LB. Then maybe another midfielder allowing us to move on Macca, maybe even davies

Over power them with that 12th man in the first squad. I like it.

That second squad, 3 at the back? Koeman tried it, sam has tried it, our players don’t like it. Swerve that.

Goalie is sorted.
Need two back ups. Bin the current two.

Keep Baines, must get a new first choice LB and a bring up a youngster.

CB. First get Williams out. Stevie Wonder can see that needs to happen asap. Then you have Jags, Keane, RFM, Holgate and Pennington? Just signed a new deal so they figure hes a late bloomer I guess. Loan? I liked Holgate but is he ready for the centre? Probably. We all wanna get rid of Jags apparently so that leaves Keane and RFM as 1st choice. Holgate and *new player as back ups. Id keep Jags as 5th choice but maybe thats coz ive never minded him. Keane tho. Not a fan atm. Browning Galloway Garbutt bye bye.

Coleman and Kenny on the right... Martina as a distant 3rd choice until his deals up? Dont really want to see him again for us tho.

Keeping Beni, Davies needs to develop more... Schnieds maybe stays but I wouldnt lose sleep if he got sold, Gana stays .. McCarthy look at him once recovered but on the edge. Besic, good change of scenery for him this season but probably should go. Klassen I just dont know.

Keep Theo, Lookman, Vlasic and Gylfi
Obv. Bolasie can go. Dowell? Sure but ready yet? Fine. Mirallas, its been real. Ciao.

New striker. Keeping Prince O and Tosun. DCL i got a lot of time for but has to get finishing. Sandro? Look if he was keen and suddenly looked a prospect again but cant see him sticking around tbh.

Imagine giving Cuco a 3 year deal :eek:

Hopefully we will have learned our lesson from last summer and not repeat the same mistake.
We brought in far too many players and too many players that were not guaranteed a place or tested in the premiership.

We do not have an infinite budget and if we start bringing in a lot of players the average price will have to drop and probably the quality as well.
I would like to see no more than three or maybe four depending on availability and funds.
At least a couple of those being players already a success in the premiership.
We need to sign players that will start in the first eleven picked by just about every supporter.

Four very good players added to Pickford, Coleman,Gueye,Walcott and Sigurdsson would give us a very solid base on which to work.

Next season after a difficult twelve months and maybe with a different manager we may see further improvement from Holgate, DCL , Davies,Baningime, Lookman Vlasic or some of them at least.

Building a team will probably take two or three season for a new manager and each year we must look for progress, unless we get a benefactor from somewhere and can suddenly spend 300m plus in a window.

Imagine giving Cuco a 3 year deal :eek:
He is the least of our problems.
A squad player that doesn't expect to start every week, is probably not costing a fortune(relatively speaking), covered right back and left back and certainly did alright when Baines was injured and we had no one else.
We have far bigger problems than him.

It is the futures of Bolasie, Williams, Sandro, Mirallas , Schneiderlin, Besic, Klaasen to name just seven that we need to worry about. Cost far more money and costing far more in wages.

A squad player that doesn't expect to start every week, is probably not costing a fortune(relatively speaking), covered right back and left back and certainly did alright when Baines was injured and we had no one else.

It is the futures of Bolasie, Williams, Sandro, Mirallas , Schneiderlin, Besic, Klaasen to name just seven that we need to worry about. Cost far more money and costing far more in wages.

Indeed, imagine taking issue with Martina when we have Sandro earning 105k a week.

For me, Id keep:

Keepers:
Pickford
Hewelt

Defenders:
Baines
Keane
Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny

Midfielders:
Gana
Baningme
Davies
Klaassen maybe

Attacking Midfielders:
Walcott
Siggurdsson
Vlasic(but then loaned)
Dowell
Lookman

Forwards:
Tosun
Niasse
DCL(but then loaned)

The rest I would either let go or sell as I dont think they can bring anything to help the squad. So I would part with:

Robles
Stek

Williams
Jags
Browning
Galloway
Garbutt
Pennington(Sell, obviously)
Cuco

Schneiderlin
Rooney
McCarthy
Besic

Bolasie
Mirallas
Tarashaj

Sandro
----------------------

Then you bring in a top CB, a top LB, a top CM, a top forward/winger, and anything else is gravy. Not perfect but a big step in the right direction.

Keepers 4
Pickford
Robles (leaving on a free)
Stekelenburg - sell
Hewelt

Defenders 13

Baines
Keane
Williams - give away for free
Jagielka - let him go on his own accord
Coleman
Mori
Browning
Galloway - trade for a grilled cheese sandwich
Garbutt - sell
Pennington - sell
Cuco - subsidize the sale to get off Everton books
Holgate
Kenny

Midfielders 9
Schneiderlin - thought he would have surrendered by now.
Rooney - could be worse MLS transfer since Pirlo
McCarthy - sell if possible
Gana
Baningime
Klaassen
Besic - sell (sad to say it but better for all parties and he's better suited in the Championship)
Davies
Grant

Attacking Midfielders 8
Bolasie - subsidize sale
Mirallas - who?
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Tarashaj - forgot he was still on the books, flog off.
Lookman - DO NOT SELL

Forwards 4
Sandro - sell if can break even
Tosun
Niasse
DCL

My personal wishlist of 17 players

Keepers
Pickford

Defenders
Coleman
Kenny
Holgate
Baines (one last season)
Jagielka (one last season)

Midfielders
Gana
Baningime
Davies

Attacking Midfielders
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

Forwards
Tosun
Niasse
DCL
Pickford / ??? / ???

Coleman / Kenny -- Holgate / Jagielka -- ??? / ??? -- ??? / Baines

Gana / Baningime -- ??? / Davies

??? / Dowell -- Sigurdsson / Vlasic -- Walcott / Lookman

??? / Niasse / Tosun / DCL

Quite frankly I think we need a huge clearout of 21 players.

5 new first choice players
3 Rotation players

This is going to be a very long or a very exciting summer depending on the Manager and DOF.

Keepers 4

Pickford
Stekelenburg

I think Stek is fine as a back up.

Defenders 6

Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny

Worryingly I would only have Coleman as a starter.
Im not adverse to having Jagielka and Baines around as back ups/squad men but that's it. Very expensive back ups in terms of wages though so...

Midfielders 4

Gana

Baningime
Besic
Davies

Again only one starter (Gueye). I think Besic has talent and would like to see a manager show some proper faith in him.

Attacking Midfielders 5

Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

I don't love Sigurdsson. Walcott is boss. The other 3, meh squad men with potential. I am seeing a pattern emerging here.

Forwards 3

Tosun
Niasse
DCL

GK Pickford

RB Coleman
CB
CB
LB

LM
CM
CM Gueye
CM
RM Walcott

ST

Great....

Keepers 4

Pickford
Stekelenburg

Defenders 6

Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny

Im not adverse to having Jagielka and Baines around as back ups/squad men but that's it. Very expensive back ups in terms of wages though so...

Midfielders 4

Gana

Baningime
Besic
Davies

Again only one starter (Gueye). I think Besic has talent and would like to see a manager show some proper faith in him.

Attacking Midfielders 5

Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

I don't love Sigurdsson. Walcott is boss. The other 3, meh squad men with potential. I am seeing a pattern emerging here.

Forwards 3

Tosun
Niasse
DCL

GK Pickford

RB Coleman
CB
CB
LB

LM
CM
CM Gueye
CM
RM Walcott

ST

Great....

Keepers 4

Pickford
Stekelenburg

Defenders 6

Coleman
Mori
Holgate
Kenny

Midfielders 4

Gana

Baningime
Besic
Davies

Attacking Midfielders 5

Walcott
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman

Forwards 3

Tosun
Niasse
DCL

GK Pickford

RB Coleman
CB
CB
LB

LM
CM
CM Gueye
CM
RM Walcott

ST

Great....

I see what you're saying here, but if we need so much change, and we are likely to have another season of transition and building, then why not just give Dowell, Vlasic and Lookman more games, with DCL, Davies and Kenny coming off the bench as much as possible. Those 6 have to be retained and nurtured for me.

So to your team of 4 players, I'd add:

CB Funes mori (no choice)
LM Lookman
CM Besic
CM Dowell
ST Tosun

And buy a new LB and CB

It's average, but young, hungry and with a new manager, a squad with actual potential.

I see what you're saying here, but if we need so much change, and we are likely to have another season of transition and building, then why not just give Dowell, Vlasic and Lookman more games, with DCL, Davies and Kenny coming off the bench as much as possible. Those 6 have to be retained and nurtured for me.

So to your team of 4 players, I'd add:

CB Funes mori (no choice)
LM Lookman
CM Besic
CM Dowell
ST Tosun

And buy a new LB and CB

It's average, but young, hungry and with a new manager, a squad with actual potential.

I don't really do age. There seems to be an obsession with giving players a chance purely because they are young. If they are young and good enough then that's an added bonus. Lookman and Vlasic should be in and around the first team because they are already ready. I see nothing in Dowell to suggest that he can make the step up. Talented lad obviously but a bit flawed.

Besic and Sandro didn't really get a chance this season, I don't think you can throw the baby out with the bath water. Same with Klassen, Pienaar was exactly great in his first season, but we kept him. The others are a disgrace who showed no passion or effort when they played, so then can do one. I always thought it was a mistake to give up on Niasse, I don't think you can really judge a player until they've played at least 10 games. I remember when Felaini came to us, everybody said he was too slow and was a waste of money we sold him for 27 million. Don't know what soft lad signed off of loaning out Lookman.

Pickford
Coleman
Kenny
Mori
Holgate
Martina
Keane
Baines
Gueye
Davies (loaned)
Baningime
Klaassen
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Dowell
Niasse
Tosun
Walcott
DCL
Bolasie
Lookman

21 I would retain

Fully fit:
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Mori NewLB
Gana (NewCDM)
Tosun

Or

Pickford
Holgate Mori Keane
Walcott Niasse Lookman

Agree with most of it but we need more flair maybe an extra winger/no 10 and more of a pacey poacher type striker

Agree with most of it but we need more flair maybe an extra winger/no 10 and more of a pacey poacher type striker
Still don't think a winger or striker will be the priority. Surely a LB, CM (or two) would be first in line. They aren't genuine wingers but we do have Lookman, Walcott and Sigurdsson (who will probably be deployed on the left on some occasions). Oh and Vlasic.

And despite everyone's hope, I just can't see the club selling Bolasie. I wouldn't either tbh, good enough flare player off the bench.

As far as a striker goes; meh. Least of our concerns IMO. We've literally 4 decent options.

I agree striker isn't our highest priority but I do think there is space for a Dembele finisher type who stretches defenses, you could say Niasse is that man but he is too inconsistent in areas of his game to start games.

I see what you are saying I do like Lookman alot he should be given an extended run next year, I still think we need another playmaker/winger personally whilst it's not as high priority as LB or CM we do lack creativity, some of the players you mention don't provide it consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.