Contracts - A seasonal positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Potentially an incredible turnover of players over the next two summers. I'd only keep Calvert-Lewin and Branthwaite which would mean 17 others leaving.

Huge opportunity in tandem with the stadium being ready.

2024 (11)
Iwobi
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Gbamin
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Danjuma (loan)

2025 (8)
Godfrey
Keane
Maupay
Calvert-Lewin
Cannon
Virginia
Holgate
Branthwaite

2026 (3)
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Garner

2027 (4)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson

I can see us not replacing any of them

Weve got 6 good players (Pickford, McNeil, Patterson, Onana, Garner and Tarkowski) on 3-4 year deals.

Of the rest, I'd only highlight Branthwaite as someone who could be in that group and their contract should be extended.

The focus should be on the 7 and why we need 2 new signings this window for the long term so we go into next summer with 9 players cemented in the first 11.

It would take the pressure off a bit going forward only needing 2 starters and the rest would be players to develop.

Potentially an incredible turnover of players over the next two summers. I'd only keep Calvert-Lewin and Branthwaite which would mean 17 others leaving.

2024 (11)
Iwobi
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Gbamin
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Danjuma (loan)

2025 (8)
Godfrey
Keane
Maupay
Calvert-Lewin
Cannon
Virginia
Holgate
Branthwaite

2026 (3)
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Garner

2027 (4)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson
Next summer is bad. 7 players leaving who are in the match day squad. That’s a lot to replace.

And 4 of them were circa £120m transfers who would be leaving on a free. It’s really poor.

Next summer is bad. 7 players leaving who are in the match day squad. That’s a lot to replace.

And 4 of them were circa £120m transfers who would be leaving on a free. It’s really poor.
They cost £120m. They most certainly were never £120m players! Cost about £10m to replace them like for like! 😂

They cost £120m. They most certainly were never £120m players! Cost about £10m to replace them like for like! 😂
They may cost only 10m to replace them, but that’s 40m just for those 4, and we clearly don’t have that much money which is why it’s really poor for them to potentially be leaving on frees.

This is the problem really with signing 33/34 and 38 year old players. Regardless of their ability, you just need to be thinking about replacing them pretty from the moment they sign.

2024 (11)
Iwobi
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Gbamin
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Danjuma (loan)

2025 (8)
Godfrey
Keane
Maupay
Calvert-Lewin
Cannon
Virginia
Holgate
Branthwaite

2026 (3)
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Garner

2027 (4)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson
I'd like to see what Garner could do before selling him

2024 (11)
Iwobi
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Gbamin
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Danjuma (loan)