Whingers At The Match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

school_of_science

Player Valuation: £225k
I’m talking about the whingers, people who obviously don’t come to enjoy the game or, heaven forbid, support the team, but instead whenever a slight opportunity arises, whinge and hurl abuse at our players.

This is no new phenomenon, it has been going on for years. In 87 people complained that we didn’t win the title with good enough football. Campbell, a man who virtually single-handedly saved us from relegation, came under a lot of abuse in his last 2 seasons, despite being top goal scorer, Moyes has come under pressure for playing a defensive 451 formation which has made us one of the highest scoring teams in England and so on.

Last night, with some very good football on show and a fully fit squad performing on form with spot on tactics, Everton walked their way into an easy 6-1 victory, the biggest victory in the competition that night. Surely there was no room for whinging was there? Apparently there was. Moyes rightly took off Cahill and Carsley in order to rest them, replacing them with Fernandes and, shock horror, the wolf in sheep’s clothing, Hibbert! A lifelong Evertonian is substituted on at half time as we lead 2-0 in the UEFA Cup, and he is welcomed with a chorus of boos, when a man who turned us down in the summer walks to the field to applause! I cheer Fernandes as I cheer any Everton player, and hold no hard feelings against him, but I must question the mentality of anyone who boos a life long blue who, after nearly dying from a tropical illness just over a year ago, has remained 100% committed to Everton, yet cheer on a player who turned our summer transfer plans on their head. What has Hibbert done to deserve such treatment? Has he confessed a love of another club, admitted his desire to move on to further his career, or used provocative hand gestures to taunt the fans? No, he’s quietly and professionally got on with his job, fighting for his place in the team he loves, 18 months after fighting for his life.

Last night was the perfect example of how these “fans” seem to only see what it is they want to see. After the chorus of boos heralded the entrance of the only locally born lifelong Evertonian on the field that night, the team started to pass the ball about well when, under no pressure whatsoever, Arteta gives the ball away, I wait for some dissent from the fans, silence, then a few minutes later, Fernandes, in the centre, under no pressure gives the ball away, silence, then Pienaar, in an attacking movement from the team passes the ball to the opposition, silence. Then suddenly, in the centre, Neville collects the ball and passes it out to the right at an awkward height at pace, Hibbert stretches to control this difficult ball but fails and concedes a throw in, suddenly this wave of abuse is directed at the apparently ‘useless’ Hibbert. And then, the moment of the match from a personal perspective, Brann score from a free kick, only for me to hear the immortal words “I knew they’d score when Hibbert came on”.

i'd call them sheep, but sheep actually have brains bigger than amoebas. its [Poor language removed] like these that let the club down in preston preseason, and in a recent article a group in blackburn also let the club down.

i wonder which way they have been led to think on the ground move issue.

they are too stupid to fathom.

I’m talking about the whingers, people who obviously don’t come to enjoy the game or, heaven forbid, support the team, but instead whenever a slight opportunity arises, whinge and hurl abuse at our players.

This is no new phenomenon, it has been going on for years. In 87 people complained that we didn’t win the title with good enough football. Campbell, a man who virtually single-handedly saved us from relegation, came under a lot of abuse in his last 2 seasons, despite being top goal scorer, Moyes has come under pressure for playing a defensive 451 formation which has made us one of the highest scoring teams in England and so on.

Last night, with some very good football on show and a fully fit squad performing on form with spot on tactics, Everton walked their way into an easy 6-1 victory, the biggest victory in the competition that night. Surely there was no room for whinging was there? Apparently there was. Moyes rightly took off Cahill and Carsley in order to rest them, replacing them with Fernandes and, shock horror, the wolf in sheep’s clothing, Hibbert! A lifelong Evertonian is substituted on at half time as we lead 2-0 in the UEFA Cup, and he is welcomed with a chorus of boos, when a man who turned us down in the summer walks to the field to applause! I cheer Fernandes as I cheer any Everton player, and hold no hard feelings against him, but I must question the mentality of anyone who boos a life long blue who, after nearly dying from a tropical illness just over a year ago, has remained 100% committed to Everton, yet cheer on a player who turned our summer transfer plans on their head. What has Hibbert done to deserve such treatment? Has he confessed a love of another club, admitted his desire to move on to further his career, or used provocative hand gestures to taunt the fans? No, he’s quietly and professionally got on with his job, fighting for his place in the team he loves, 18 months after fighting for his life.

Last night was the perfect example of how these “fans” seem to only see what it is they want to see. After the chorus of boos heralded the entrance of the only locally born lifelong Evertonian on the field that night, the team started to pass the ball about well when, under no pressure whatsoever, Arteta gives the ball away, I wait for some dissent from the fans, silence, then a few minutes later, Fernandes, in the centre, under no pressure gives the ball away, silence, then Pienaar, in an attacking movement from the team passes the ball to the opposition, silence. Then suddenly, in the centre, Neville collects the ball and passes it out to the right at an awkward height at pace, Hibbert stretches to control this difficult ball but fails and concedes a throw in, suddenly this wave of abuse is directed at the apparently ‘useless’ Hibbert. And then, the moment of the match from a personal perspective, Brann score from a free kick, only for me to hear the immortal words “I knew they’d score when Hibbert came on”.

Welcome to the forum School and very good first post.

I highlighted the money quote as that's exactly what it is. Some supporters see only what they want to see or look for mistakes in certain players while overlooking the mistakes made by others.

Best I heard was at the Larissa game when some plank behind me was absolutely slating Victor before he came on. Then when he did come on he slated Moyes, "What an awful substitution" etc.

Then lo and behold, Vic seals the win with our third goal ;) :lol:

I recall us mauling WBA 6 - 1 on three guys in the Park End were shouting Catterick out, it takes all sorts. I wonder what is being said on the Analfield terracing at present, fans are the same the whole world over.

I do agree however that the none mercenary, proud as punch life long blue should not be booed going on the park, that is lower than a snakes arse(n)(n)(n)

I feel abit harsh ripping Hibbert at Football because it's like ripping a 5 year old in a wheelchair.

I think the problem we have at cup games is people who dont usually go the game, had a few round me last nite were season ticket holders usually sit and they dun nothing but moan even at 5-1 they still found things too moan about. There is just no pleasing sum people.

some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

what f**ks them off most is that they get a bit of momentum going against the manager and then we have a solid season. they then feel put out at being proved wrong.

its sad. very very sad.

some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

what f**ks them off most is that they get a bit of momentum going against the manager and then we have a solid season. they then feel put out at being proved wrong.

its sad. very very sad.

Taking potshots at TW again? :D

I bag out hibbo, but I want him to do well. I would never hurl abuse at anyone in a blue shirt, its just a bunch of flamin drongos and unfortunatley every club has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.