Which injured player are we missing the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are rightly angry with Ross but that would quickly turn round if he signs the contract . That , however , seems unlikely at this stage .

I'm still wondering about that 'rightly' bit. Is that because he never signed the contract?
If it is then in his shoes..Why did Rom (with a longer contract), get offered a new one before me, would be a starting point? There are a load of etc's that can be added to that but, we know we'll probably never know the ins and outs of it.
I hope he stays because if not, it'll be another player that I begrudgingly admire from a distance while he plays for another team.

I'm still wondering about that 'rightly' bit. Is that because he never signed the contract?
If it is then in his shoes..Why did Rom (with a longer contract), get offered a new one before me, would be a starting point? There are a load of etc's that can be added to that but, we know we'll probably never know the ins and outs of it.
I hope he stays because if not, it'll be another player that I begrudgingly admire from a distance while he plays for another team.
We're not privy to behind the scenes negotiations. As fans we merely judge on what we see and what we see is Ross refusing to stay with us !

We're not privy to behind the scenes negotiations. As fans we merely judge on what we see and what we see is Ross refusing to stay with us !

I'm not sure it's as 'cut and dried' as that but, we all knew Rom was going (for about 2 seasons) and he didn't get the same grief?
We'll see what happens, I hope he stays because we haven't got many players that can do what he does/can do.

The question was 'which-injured-player-are-we-missing-the-most', whether he's going or not, the answer is easily 'Ross'.
We haven't got another player like him, unless you say Rooney plays that position (where Big Sam said he should play, until moving him for the derby).
I still find it hard to comprehend how people don't see this?

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the almost incontrovertible fact that if he had not been injured he would no longer be here.

Koeman had said as much at the end of last season.

He would have been gone.

In fact, he has not kicked a ball all season due to injury but that did not stop Chelsea agreeing a fee and only a last minute change of heart on Ross's behalf scuppered the deal.

No doubt we are missing him and could be doing with him.....but it is not because he is injured.

The chances of him kicking another ball for us are next to nil so better you forget about him and base your answer on injured players who would be playing regularly for Everton if they were fit.

And that is why people are defying your comprehension by nominating other players as our most missed guy.

Sounds like Bolasie is soon to return, but out of all the long-term injuries whose return do you think will have the biggest impact on our first team?
McCarthy, Barkley, Funes Mori (though probably out for the season), Coleman and Bolasie are your options, unless I'm forgetting some.

The question was 'which-injured-player-are-we-missing-the-most', whether he's going or not, the answer is easily 'Ross'.
We haven't got another player like him, unless you say Rooney plays that position (where Big Sam said he should play, until moving him for the derby).
I still find it hard to comprehend how people don't see this?

Question asked in the first post of the thread was different to the title. Yes we are missing Ross the most (Ross of 2 seasons ago though) however he is likely to be sold (probably already agreed), so he will have no impact as he won’t return.

Begrudgingly admire?
Once he plays for another team, and the blue tinted spectacles are off, we'll see nothing but his faults in the few games he gets for chequebook chelski or spuds, before being dropped to the bench with his fragile confidence shattered.

Bolassie will be interesting to see back. Sure he has page and power, and I'm sure FS will get the best from him, but who's he going to cross to?

We've missed Seamus the most since he's been out. Sure jjk has been great, but thanks to tangerine bag head his introduction has been only too recent.

What I wouldn't have given for the error prone but at least mobile Funes Mori in the first weeks of the season though.

I would say Bolassie. He would have provided a big out for us in terms of relieving pressure on the defence if he had been playing, plus he would have potentially chipped in with a few goals and assists and we'd have picked up a few more points. He might even have saved Koeman!

A few weeks ago I would have said Coleman, but Kenny has been admirable in the last few weeks. I hope Seamus comes back soon, as Kenny being so young and inexperienced at this level will see a few dips and will need looking after and careful management. I hope that I am not saying Coleman rather than Bolassie in a few weeks' time if Kenny does hit a dip.

As for McCarthy and Ross, I think they have been replaced already over the last season or so. Just that their replacements haven't set the world alight. I am not sure that those 2 are strong enough (physically or mentally respectively) to have been able to turn things around.

Baines I am afraid is in decline. Having said that, a poor Baines playing makes me happier than Martina. A decent left back is required as a matter of urgency.

If they were all back, mind you, we'd definitely be a lot stronger.

Barkley because he’s the only player in our squad who can actually keep possession...

Coleman’s ace but when we get beat I dont usually think “if we had a better right back we’d have done better”. I mean people are basically saying Kenny is the problem with Everton...

Our number one problem is that our midfield is useless at retaining possession under pressure and thus we resort to direct hoofage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.