Which goal was better

Which goal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gylfi's goal for me.

Both ridiculously good goals. I think it boils down the the fact that the 'SHOOT' from the crowd showed it was a wide open goal and a real goal scoring chance.

Gylfi's came from absolutely nowhere.
I think that’s the key thing that separates them. Both were exceptional strikes of the ball but for the Gylfi goal no-one else sees it but him. Watching the replay again the goalie is back peddling from when he strikes it as he is way off his line.

Rooney's you have to say was hit so well with a bobbling ball coming at him. The technique was utterly flawless.

Close your eyes and imagine it's Wayne doing both.

I don't think many players in the world would even try the shot at Split. I think many would try the one vs WHU.

Both brilliant.

I could have put Rooney's first against West Ham up against Sigurdsson's and Rooney would still win by a landslide tbh.

What did Sigurdsson mean to do mate?

I just watched Gylfi's again. Just unreal. Nicked the ball off the Split player with his left foot which set up the the unreal volley with his right foot on the next touch.

Nobody tries that...let alone succeeds.

Folks look at it as lucky because of how ridiculously good it really was.

Wayne's is viewed as world class skill vs luck.

Gylfi's took more skill.

Both amazing goals obviously, but Rooney's.

The technique's better. It's a harder skill. Sigurdsson's sat up for him, and was a bit of a hit an hope. If that doesn't go in nobody bats an eyelid. Rooney cuts across a ball travelling towards him and it flies like a 3 iron.

More players in the world could pull off Sigurdsson's. Although not many could score either.

Both amazing goals obviously, but Rooney's.

The technique's better. It's a harder skill. Sigurdsson's sat up for him, and was a bit of a hit an hope. If that doesn't go in nobody bats an eyelid. Rooney cuts across a ball travelling towards him and it flies like a 3 iron.

More players in the world could pull off Sigurdsson's. Although not many could score either.

Kinda hate the 'hit and hope' bit. They both were hit and hope that only a select few players can expect a result.

For me niasse first vs bournemouth is goal of the season. The desire he showed to chase andwin back possesion,link up with two teamates and smash it in when we were losing and Under his circumstances, his joke reputation, and koeman who couldnt even celebrate or enjoy the goal as it meant he was wrong and he couldnt handle it.

Rooney slightly as completed hat-trick

I just watched Gylfi's again. Just unreal. Nicked the ball off the Split player with his left foot which set up the the unreal volley with his right foot on the next touch.

Nobody tries that...let alone succeeds.

Folks look at it as lucky because of how ridiculously good it really was.

Wayne's is viewed as world class skill vs luck.

Gylfi's took more skill.

It's only "lucky" in the same sense Rooney was lucky that Ogbonna wasn't another 10 yards further back, if you're going to call either goal lucky then there's an element of luck in every single goal ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.