Where's the root of Everton's problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losers mentality from top to bottom at the club that goes beyond who the manager is. Acceptance of defeat.

Imbalanced recruitment. We have a lack of width and pace, a lack of dynamism in midfield and a lack of a right hand side. We need hunger, desire, pace, physicality and intensity. Stop buying players taking a step down. More Godfrey's less Gomes's..

Coaching what are they doing? Why can't we play with speed and break tems down at home? Carlo makes too many changes.

You would have thought by the absolute law of averages that we’d have a season where we achieve something.
Leicester have won league and cup, Boro and Fulham got to UEFA cup finals, Birmingham and Swansea won League Cups.
When is it our turn?

Too many deeply average players plus complete lack of confidence.

BUT everyone of our players IS better than Sheff's players. No question.

Yesterday was about attitude and desire.

Pickford seemed to be the only one bothered. That is a HUGE concern and I still cannot get my head around it. Massive opportunity to get European football which is what having a manager like Carlo should lead to. But no, players let us down, again.

i think we lack a direction/identity.. we have more money/investment than most and are in an enviable position on that front, but we don’t have the mega bucks of city, Man U, Chelsea ... so whilst teams with less financial backing have to be smart and take a more organic approach and get perceived value for money and teams with mega bucks can buy there way out of the doldrums with superstars , we mess about in a rather dull space in between where we seem to not get value, pay bigger fees and don’t get the expected return..
when half of us want to develop players and grow as a team year on year and the other half want to buy the finished articles...we are all left a little miffed

For me we need to ditch this "Director of Football" nonsense. Since when has it been so bad recruitment wise? Since Walsh came in and continued under Brands.

Let the manager identify the players HE WANTS and let the scouts find the players that fits the managers plans and profile. By all means have a good negotiator in the role but he doesn`t identify the players he just negotiates the best deals for the players the manager wants or doesn`t want ins and outs.

It hasn`t worked since day one and you can track our poor recruitment back to the creation of this role!
Smartly ignoring the fact that Martinez signed a number of absolute stinkers. Alcaraz, Kone and McGeady for instance were all awful. Moyes had his fair share of bad transfers, Walter Smith signed a lot of rubbish too.

The model used (DoF or otherwise) can only be judged if the personnel within it are not a variable.

Thank you kind sir.

Pickford seems to suggest at one point that the attitude in training is not what it should be. That would go a long way in explaining the CBA displays by so many during the match.

Time for a massive cull. Free transfers out, terminations of contract by mutual consent, nominal fees, it doesn't matter. Too many of the squad are coasting.

Last edited:

Smartly ignoring the fact that Martinez signed a number of absolute stinkers. Alcaraz, Kone and McGeady for instance were all awful. Moyes had his fair share of bad transfers, Walter Smith signed a lot of rubbish too.

The model used (DoF or otherwise) can only be judged if the personnel within it are not a variable.

But thats on them managers. They are responsible for signing them and playing them. And ultimately they paid the price. Walter Smith also signed Materazzi, Bakayoko and Dacourt. They ended up being exceptional....

What has been happening recently though is managers have been carrying the can for some DoF signings....

Well we’ve changed our manager, players, owner and DOF multiple times over the years and still remained crap so i think it’s about time we focussed our attentions on other roles at the club starting with Brenda the Goodison dinner lady, clearly her cooking is not up to scratch and this is having a negative emotional tole on everyone involved in the club. Sort it out Brenda.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record - patience is what is needed.

To me, Ancelotti appears to be attempting to drill us into a defensive unit. When was the last time we conceded more than 2 goals? Unfortunately it's looking like it's going to be at the expense of Europe this season.

We went backwards under Martinez, we treaded water with Koeman and Silva. But we're making progress with Ancelotti.

I'm not worried about Brands either. His transfers are hitting a pattern, rather than the scatter gun approach of his predecessor.

It took Man City time, it took Chelsea time, it's still taking Leicester time. That's what we need to give ourselves.
How? I only see evidence to the contrary. We've got better players and are clearly going backwards on the pitch.
I think one of our biggest problems is complete lack of player development, we buy them and just expect them to be good, that seems to be the full extent of our 'plan'. Seems to be Carlo's plan too, just tell them they're dead good, put them on the pitch and hope they do good football.

We need a strong positive leader in the team and in Particular at in the dressing room
Someone who can motivate and lift them and clip ears if they need it
Coleman us a good guy but dies not have the power of personality such as the likes of Kompany brought to City
It’s no coincidence they struggled at first without him
Our malaise is in the dressing room dynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.