Where's the root of Everton's problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap players, mad managerial decisions and giving the already fragile players something to hide behind with all the “Everton that” and “oh it’s just us” nonsense

Koeman did a wrecking ball job on the club that is still being felt now. To add to this we seem to have injury problems every single season. The main point is the players though. We never seem to have a squad of 22 top 6 standard players. We’re always carrying a number of players that I don’t think would get in any other premier league team, we’ve done this since the Moyes period, tried to get by with about 6 decent players when our competitors have 22 of them.

You can then add to all of this that we’re also probably the most unlucky team in the history of sport.
I think, conversely, we've been lucky this season. We've won a number of away games that could have easily have been draws or defeats. With less luck away from home we could easily have been about 15th.

I think, conversely, we've been lucky this season. We've won a number of away games that could have easily have been draws or defeats. With less luck away from home we could easily have been about 15th.

Yep there aren’t many games at home that we have lost/drawn that I think...we deserved to win that. Palace maybe?

Newcastle/Fulham/Burnley/Leeds/Sheffield United all deserved to beat us.

There is a lot of problems in the club - in the short term the only solution is to get better players in and trust that Ancelotti will get it right. I think he’s exactly the type of manager we needed when we got rid of Martinez...our problems have kept mounting since he left and so much to sort out now.

But we have gone for Martinez/Koeman/Silva/Allardyce now Carlo..,all different types of managers...none of them succeeding.

Yep there aren’t many games at home that we have lost/drawn that I think...we deserved to win that. Palace maybe?

Newcastle/Fulham/Burnley/Leeds/Sheffield United all deserved to beat us.

There is a lot of problems in the club - in the short term the only solution is to get better players in and trust that Ancelotti will get it right. I think he’s exactly the type of manager we needed when we got rid of Martinez...our problems have kept mounting since he left and so much to sort out now.

But we have gone for Martinez/Koeman/Silva/Allardyce now Carlo..,all different types of managers...none of them succeeding.
There aren't any bright young managers at the moment, so we need to stick with Ancelotti for the medium term. Chopping and changing managers is getting us nowhere.

Only rarely have we had enough very good players to make a real impact. We don't have a terrible P L points record (52.8 on average) ... but it isn't inspiring either.

Maybe the question should be whether the club officials have the desire and the means to be anything other than what we actually are: upper mid table. If they do, the recruitment strategy would surely follow.

Our players aren't good enough. Especially the forward players. Watch any of our games in the last 6 months and every time one of our players gets the ball, they stop dead, look around for someone to pass to, then either give the ball away or pass back to the defenders. Our forwards are terrible at creating space and our midfield are terrible at picking a pass. A devastating combination. Add in the defensive mistakes (we've made a lot this season) and it is amazing that we're in the top 10.

Certainly not the root of our troubles but has any one else noticed how we surrender possession, every single time we have a throw in?

Now that I have noticed it, I can't un-see it and it's infuriating. We just launch it aimlessly. When we do a short throw, the players touch is always too heavy and we lose the ball.

Turgid stuff.

Not one player has came out last night and addressed that performance.

That's the root of it. Cowardice. Terrible attitudes. A lack of a winning mentality that has infested the club for decades.

We should be ruthless in the summer now. An FM style complete shake up. Gut that squad; I'd happily see any/all of them go.
No doubt Coleman will come out with his "Us players need to take a good hard look at ourselves in mirror" spiel, for the umpteenth time.

Not one player has came out last night and addressed that performance.

That's the root of it. Cowardice. Terrible attitudes. A lack of a winning mentality that has infested the club for decades.

We should be ruthless in the summer now. An FM style complete shake up. Gut that squad; I'd happily see any/all of them go.

I don't want to hear from any of them. There is nothing they can say, they did their talking on the pitch and it was loud and clear.

Overpayed for average players.
We payed 47m for two players who got relegated.
Payed 30m for a player who did nothing at arsenal for 4 years.
Paid 42m for a player who was ok at swansea.
Gave barcelona 60 odd million quid for reserve players.
Gave burnley 30m quid for a defender who struggles if the midfield aren't camped in front of him.
I could go on but im listing players in and around the first team.
Our recruitment has been nothing but abysmal.
We could change the manager 20 times. We'll still have overpayed over rated players on fat contracts who are strolling.
Reaping what we sowed.

The strategy of buying players that "haven't quite made it" at top 6 sides or players that were decent once for 4 or 5 games but injured for the rest of the season upsets me.
We need young fast, give everything footballers for our shirt, instead we get a team that should wear their numbers on the front of their shirts, they go backwards that much.
Leeds will probably finish just below us, but we can all see they will grow as they get experience, they have a plan.
I had never heard of any of their players until this season, I would sooner watch them than us.

The culture of the club but it’s not a tangible thing such as player so people on here doesn’t believe it’s real.

Status
Not open for further replies.