Where will we finish under Marco Silva ??

what position will silva guide us too?

• 1-4

• 4-6

• 6-10

• 10-14

• 14-18

• 18-20

• Will be binned of before Christmas

• blue stilton drizzled over a mediterenean loaf

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7th or 8th is probably most realistic, but in much smoother fashion...

Expectation is a beast.
It should be limited to making 7th or 8th place by playing a better brand of football than we have had to endure for the last 2 seasons.

Why we should NOT expect a higher place is because our older players have passed the sell by date already, the younger players are still largely unproven and have done well on occasion, but mostly been thrown to the dogs by the so called senior squad players.
The squad is NOT good enough and needs an overhaul, repair the damage caused by Koeman and Co. It will take time.

The last part for next season is that we can compete against the better teams without looking absolute mugs, give them a better game.
Make these teams work harder to beat us than they have had to previously.

This for me would be progress.

New players with a new attitude.

I love the optimism amongst some of the lads here, but expecting anything higher might lead to a lot of disappointment next season.
COYB ;)

Aside from the usual ludicrous calls for a challenge to the top 4, Silva inherits a squad full of maybe and never will be and past it players. It will be season 2019/20 before he can reasonably be expected to do other than tread water. Last season was a big set back so we are back in the transitional phase. The league is so crap that we should still maintain 8th or thereabouts provided the squad is radically overhauled. If he maintains our present position in these circumstances and still gets stick on here for "not making progress" up the league, I shall spend my time abusing his detractors. That said, we should not expect a collapse during the rebuilding, otherwise he will inevitably take abuse.

I said 10-14 but didn't read the rest, Would vote for binned off by Christmas now that I think about it.

Mainly due to the appalling quality of PL teams outside the top 6, I'd expect a 7th-10th place finish. Cup runs?...nope.
I maintain that Koeman and Walsh wrought significant medium term damage to this club's ambitions of 'cracking the top 6'; we have an awful squad which will take 2-3 seasons to get rid of. Only then can we reset realistic targets...and still finish 7th probably.

6-10 i voted.

I just don't see us finishing in the top 6 yet.

The team has a lot of holes in it,from the debacle of the Walsh buys.

Going to be about 2-3 windows before that is fixed to push on gate crashing the top 6 cabal.

7 to 10 hopefully but will depend on how much overhaul our squad gets and how well teams below us strengthen.
There were lesser clubs with theoretically less talented players but better systems and better squad harmony than our bunch of misfits.
If those teams add a little extra quality in this window then don’t be surprised if they overtake us for a year or two while we overhaul our squad and try to impose a new playing style.

LOL at 6th,7th, 8th and 10th — Unreal. Bring back Sam, it’s what you quilts deserve

7th or 8th is probably most realistic, but in much smoother fashion...

Expectation is a beast.
It should be limited to making 7th or 8th place by playing a better brand of football than we have had to endure for the last 2 seasons.

Why we should NOT expect a higher place is because our older players have passed the sell by date already, the younger players are still largely unproven and have done well on occasion, but mostly been thrown to the dogs by the so called senior squad players.
The squad is NOT good enough and needs an overhaul, repair the damage caused by Koeman and Co. It will take time.

The last part for next season is that we can compete against the better teams without looking absolute mugs, give them a better game.
Make these teams work harder to beat us than they have had to previously.

This for me would be progress.

New players with a new attitude.

I love the optimism amongst some of the lads here, but expecting anything higher might lead to a lot of disappointment next season.
COYB ;)

Good work, buck

Went for 6-10 but conversely wouldn't be surprised if he was binned mid season. This is purely based on the atrocious footballing decisions Moshiri has largely made thus far. All in all a pretty underwhelming appointment but am so jaded with it all, I am desperate to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.