When was the last time we got a last minute - or an injury time winner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
never forget this last min on last day of the season,

coleman v cardiff that miss hit half volley

Lukaku in injury time at west ham last week of the season 2014/2015 header think if i remember right
as well as some already said like the Cleverley at the toon in game we were on top on and scored that header,the Jelavic winner v spurs and some a while ago etc,wish we could score a last min winner now lol as we have hardly scored any late last min winners for years

Under Moyes we had so many last minute winners. I think a lot of it is down to belief and spirit to dig deep late on. This current bunch are severely lacking.

Comes from the manager.

With time, irrespective of the personnel, a manager of Ancelotti’s calibre should be able to ingrain a never-say-die attitude in these players. It’s the bare minimum we should expect.

One that I whooped and hollered about was when Osman scored a winning goal against Portsmouth at GP .
That goal was pivotal in us getting into fourth place that glorious year.

One of my favourite last minute wins was against QPR in 1995. Last minute Andy Hinchcliffe free kick for the winner. It was my son's first away game and birthday, which made it even more special.
1st game for my 16th birthday.. my uncle is a big QPR fan and got me a mention in the club programme, dont think he was that happy when i celebrated the winner in the main stand though

few min highlights of that game,it was even better because it was 2 late goals with that great one to win it,it was a well deserved win in a game were the goal never seemed to be comming

This is up there with one of my favourite ever Everton games (being born in 92, means i actually missed good Everton).
Annti Niemi time wasted from the minute Southampton scored (think it was about 8 mins in, Beattie header), and feigned injuries etc, got to 1-1 and it was the same, when Radzinski scored his second, quick as you like lol

Closely followed by....

• Bent at Southampton, always remember watching back and seeing Redknapp's face, and 3,000 blues going mental behind him.
  • Johnson against Arsenal in the hail
  • McFadden and his worldy against Charlton
  • Any 90th minute away winner

Status
Not open for further replies.