What's happened to Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, given that his legs have gone (the sole and direct reason for his second yellow, for instance),
perhaps last night showed that he can play well in SOME games if he is rested regularly and some thought is given to which games he does and doesn't appear in?

No, that can't be it. He must just be the best CB in the prem. :pint2:

His best weapon was the last ditch slide tackle and he can't generate enough pace to do it anymore (and often looks like a last ditch stumble). Happened to Vidic too. Has a few other tricks though (still can head the ball out) and could probably be an ideal No3 for another season. For the time being he'll have to learn to defend more like Dustbin on the fly because he still might be a little more reliable back there than Mori.

Backup player now surely. I hope Mori has the game of his life against the RS and becomes undroppable. Give the armband to Williams or Seamus. Jagielka can do a job from the bench before leaving this or more likely next summer. He's been good for us without being spectacular.

Thanks for the best goal against the shoite since Graeme Sharp's, like.

But you're no longer the help you used to be. More of a hindrance now. Best you do the off, before the fans turn sour on you, like a mexican bricklayer turns sour on a tired old burro. :(

Backup player now surely. I hope Mori has the game of his life against the RS and becomes undroppable. Give the armband to Williams or Seamus. Jagielka can do a job from the bench before leaving this or more likely next summer. He's been good for us without being spectacular.

What's sad is that Mori might be our most talented player next to Rom and its the easy stuff that he only can't correct.

If he did leave, I wonder where he'd go?

Couldn't imagine he'd want to move away.

I have previously offered to re-home him but he seems a bit reluctant.

I don't think I've ever been quite as gutted for a player as I was when he injured himself before the Cup final in 09', one of my favourite players for years and I'll miss him when he's moved on.

If I may be permitted to put my own spin on a famous song

You can run around for a long time
Run around for a long time
Run around for a long time
Sooner or later time'll cut you down
Sooner or later time'll cut you... down

Picturing an aged and defiant Johnny Cash seems apropos in relation to Jags these days...

Are you saying Jags' form is off because he's had an affair?

Status
Not open for further replies.