What's happened to Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's lost his best centreback partner, replaced by someone who panics and dives in. A total opposite to the type of player who has partnered him for 3 years for christs sake!

...I thought we had a Jagielka thread, it's all been discussed in there for an age.

But then you decide to bump this one, with replying?

Anyway, reading the game will only get you so far. If you're getting older and slower, you get found out in this league.

But then you decide to bump this one, with replying?

Anyway, reading the game will only get you so far. If you're getting older and slower, you get found out in this league.

..no, I'm suggesting the Mods close it to be honest. Genuinely, if posters take the trouble to look this stuff is being discussed in two places at once.

Once he was our most reliable defender now giving away penalties like its gone out fashion and sent off tonight.

i know that time catches up with us all but heck his form has dived big style, so what's happened to him ????

He's not thinking ahead of the play and his legs can't get him out of trouble. It's a real shame, since defending is a thinking game. He'd be fine if he can get his head in the right place again.

His best game of the season and took one for the team at the end to get the win. Shame he misses Monday but if he performs at that level for a while we won't need to worry about him being in the side.

may not be as good as he was but he's still better than Williams & Mori who are both disasters waiting to happen. we'll miss him on Monday.

may not be as good as he was but he's still better than Williams & Mori who are both disasters waiting to happen. we'll miss him on Monday.
Or, given that his legs have gone (the sole and direct reason for his second yellow, for instance), perhaps last night showed that he can play well in SOME games if he is rested regularly and some thought is given to which games he does and doesn't appear in?

No, that can't be it. He must just be the best CB in the prem. :pint2:

Personally I think it's just a form thing, he is not actually that old, when you consider how old the likes of Watson, Weir and Gough were when they packed it in. Possibly he can't play too games a week now, but I still think he will be an important part of our squad for another 2 years. I think he was solid last night, it was a full throttle match and he made the decision to make the foul that got him sent off, because if he hadn't Arsenal would have been well in behind our defence

Anyone not watch the same game last night, thought jags was class kept sanchez relatively quiet blocked won the ball back both fouls i feel he had to make, he is another player we need to appreciate loves everton wears his heart on his sleeve, form is temporary, he is getting older i know but he isn't finished

If I may be permitted to put my own spin on a famous song

You can run around for a long time
Run around for a long time
Run around for a long time
Sooner or later time'll cut you down
Sooner or later time'll cut you... down

Picturing an aged and defiant Johnny Cash seems apropos in relation to Jags these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.