What's changed since the Derby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well mate, my suspicions were aroused when Capt Jags and Bainesy were caught on CCTV turning up at FF with Black and Decker jig saws.
Now the glory holes cut in the FF bogs might have been cut by anybody...but, regarding the rumoured trouble-making machinations of Capt Jags and Bainesy (and we all owe @davek a complimentary nod for bringing such to light), the CCTV evidence isn't exactly exculpating.

Something stinks at Everton....and not just in the toilets.
What are the rumours in regard to Bainsey and Jags and unrest in the squad? I havent heard anything

Confidence. Don't underestimate the power of confidence in sport, they don't have any, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Confidence. Don't underestimate the power of confidence in sport, they don't have any, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
good managers can instill a bit of confidence here and there

silva just seems to suck it all out

What are the rumours in regard to Bainsey and Jags and unrest in the squad? I havent heard anything
this is a somewhat perilous subject at present mate. Esteemed GOTer @davek has been threatened with libel action over his insinuations regarding Capt Jags and Bainesy.
It's an area I'd prefer to steer well clear of. Suffice to say, Capt Jags and Bainesy are bad eggs.

good managers can instill a bit of confidence here and there

silva just seems to suck it all out

Yeah, that's his job, but he looks like he has lost it as well, the signs aren't good for him which is disappointing. regardless of whether I wanted him or not, He is here and I want him to succeed.

this is a somewhat perilous subject at present mate. Esteemed GOTer @davek has been threatened with libel action over his insinuations regarding Capt Jags and Bainesy.
It's an area I'd prefer to steer well clear of. Suffice to say, Capt Jags and Bainesy are bad eggs.
court-order--300x283.jpg

....the concern I have is Silva’s teams have tended to fall away after decent starts. It happened at Hull and Watford. The Derby might just be the point in time where it’s happening again.
We knew he had previous,but still signed him up.

....the concern I have is Silva’s teams have tended to fall away after decent starts. It happened at Hull and Watford. The Derby might just be the point in time where it’s happening again.

That's basically my concern with Silva. It's always difficult to know if they are excuses or reasons with him. You give people the benefit of the doubt. However with each game that goes by, the feeling that it was not our approach but his style that cost him at Watford gets stronger.

We knew he had previous,but still signed him up.
I have zero faith in Moshiri picking the right men to lead us forward.

yes brands is here, and we all THINK he is pulling the strings behind the scenes now, but owners like Moshiri always feel the need to be heard, esp regards massive decisions like managers.

For your hypothesis to be true (that it’s largely due to a big gulf in class) we would have to believe that this team collectively (and the individuals within it) are playing roughly to their potential.

In which case, nobody would have a problem with Marco. They do, which would seem to indicate that most blues feel that we’re a far better outfit than results and performances would have us believe.
I agree that most of us feel that way, but at what point do we start to question whether we're correct? We've been saying that we're underachieving with the squads we've got for the last 5 years - longer, really, although at least under Moyes and the first season of Martinez we were higher up the table - so what if the players aren't actually as good as we claim they are?

That's basically my concern with Silva. It's always difficult to know if they are excuses or reasons with him. You give people the benefit of the doubt. However with each game that goes by, the feeling that it was not our approach but his style that cost him at Watford gets stronger.
His early season,press,pace on the counter seems to have evaporated into thin air.Now we just linger on the ball until everyone is covered then give it away and wait for the inevitable, concede from a dead ball situation,or for a bit of variety let Pickford wipe out one of our defenders.

Oh right, thanks mate

Have a Codhead mate who still can't come to terms with beating the RS then when it really counted rolling over to Sunderland at home.

If what I was told on Saturday is even a little bit correct, maybe. Whether there was a ruck after the match or not, (I dont know), things aint brilliant within the squad. Apparently.

I have no inside information but just looking at some of the wider evidence I would say this theory should be considered.

We are seeing very similar patterns play out with consecutive managers. Each of the last 4 have started well and fallen away. When caretaker David Unsworth was in charge some players were told to leave training etc.

You also factor in, we have brought in a large amount of players very quickly and gone from a team with lots of stability to one in terms of the playing side to one where players come and go quickly and it's easy to see where people get disenfranchised.

I'll be quite frank, but I have little faith that many of our current playing squad want to play for Everton. Some have been bought on the proviso we would be competing for Europe, others have had a big pay day towards the end of their career. You have some lads who are a throwback to the days of David Moyes, but they are becoming older and more ineffectual.

This has all the hallmarks to me of a dressing room that will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.