What's changed since the Derby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what I was told on Saturday is even a little bit correct, maybe. Whether there was a ruck after the match or not, (I dont know), things aint brilliant within the squad. Apparently.

Can you elaborate on that? Is it what that John merro guy said as in cliques with different nationalities?

You can’t just blame one thing for this, it’s going to be a multitude of things culminating in a total nosedive

Can you elaborate on that? Is it what that John merro guy said as in cliques with different nationalities?

Just the classic mate of a mate stuff. Regular customer of mine down here is a Blue, who used to run the bin collections in Liverpool for someone or other. Biffa iirc.

Anyrate, he keeps in touch like, and on Saturday he asked if I had heard anything, cos he had been told by a few ex workmates that some older players were acting up, and stirring stuff at FF.

Could be typical Liverpool Village stuff.

Just the classic mate of a mate stuff. Regular customer of mine down here is a Blue, who used to run the bin collections in Liverpool for someone or other. Biffa iirc.

Anyrate, he keeps in touch like, and on Saturday he asked if I had heard anything, cos he had been told by a few ex workmates that some older players were acting up, and stirring stuff at FF.

Could be typical Liverpool Village stuff.

So it's Jags' fault? Knew it.

Pickford has been the defining character of this team. He personifies it: he cost an arm and a leg, he's over-rated, and he's a bottler. His howler in the derby erected a platform for a collapse in confidence.

Okay the Derby seemed like a watershed moment, but to be fair before it our best performance was a draw at Stamford bridge for gods sake - peppered around some flattering results against lower table teams and some godawful results against West Ham and Huddersfield - the team has been pants for 90% of the season so far - As earthshattering as the Derby defeat was it can't be blamed wholly on our non-event season.

After matching Liverpool all over the park and coming away with nothing, the players subconciously accepted that regardless of how well they played, the challenge for a top six spot was beyond them, since when, they've joined the long list of bottlers we've employed over the years with zero pride in their performance as a team or the shirt. Summat like that I reckon.

Okay the Derby seemed like a watershed moment, but to be fair before it our best performance was a draw at Stamford bridge for gods sake - peppered around some flattering results against lower table teams and some godawful results against West Ham and Huddersfield - the team has been pants for 90% of the season so far - As earthshattering as the Derby defeat was it can't be blamed wholly on our non-event season.
We were 6th going into that game. That's how much we fell away from a very encouraging first third of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.