What's changed since the Derby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were 6th going into that game. That's how much we fell away from a very encouraging first third of the season.
Okay that's true, but we are currently utter pap and still only 3 points off 7th - I feel its more to do with the huge gulf in the quality of the top six and the utter dregs that make up the rest of the league than your encouraging first third

I think the derby coincided with a point where we had played enough games for the entire squad to realise that somehow, despite there being so many players on the payroll, there is no competition for places in the starting eleven.

The moment there is no competition for places, players that lack the self-respect and/or mental discipline to behave professionally of their own volition will simply put less effort in. Doesn't matter if they are top-level or Sunday league, the mental attitude aspect is a simple concept. Anyone on here who has played any sport at any level will recognise the different types of teammate I've described.

Because when things go bad the players we have don't care. Its probably only Seamus Coleman who cares about the club. Do you think Mina and Richarlison give a stuff? They're players trying to progress up the football ladder and only want to know when we are doing well.

I could be wrong but the players of 2019 don't have the same heart as the players ten years before.

Okay that's true, but we are currently utter pap and still only 3 points off 7th - I feel its more to do with the huge gulf in the quality of the top six and the utter dregs that make up the rest of the league than your encouraging first third

For your hypothesis to be true (that it’s largely due to a big gulf in class) we would have to believe that this team collectively (and the individuals within it) are playing roughly to their potential.

In which case, nobody would have a problem with Marco. They do, which would seem to indicate that most blues feel that we’re a far better outfit than results and performances would have us believe.

Just the classic mate of a mate stuff. Regular customer of mine down here is a Blue, who used to run the bin collections in Liverpool for someone or other. Biffa iirc.

Anyrate, he keeps in touch like, and on Saturday he asked if I had heard anything, cos he had been told by a few ex workmates that some older players were acting up, and stirring stuff at FF.

Could be typical Liverpool Village stuff.
I think it was @davek who was posting similar rumours towards the end of the Koeman reign. It would certainly explain why we are equally abject regardless of who the manager is.

If true, these players need to be shown the door ASAP.

Just the classic mate of a mate stuff. Regular customer of mine down here is a Blue, who used to run the bin collections in Liverpool for someone or other. Biffa iirc.

Anyrate, he keeps in touch like, and on Saturday he asked if I had heard anything, cos he had been told by a few ex workmates that some older players were acting up, and stirring stuff at FF.

Could be typical Liverpool Village stuff.
A DoF worth their salt takes charge of a club like this, having all the intelligence of it at their disposal, and immediately - before doing any other business - gets rid of Ferguson, Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell etc etc and Baines, Jagielka, Schneiderlin are immediately placed on the transfer list and told to stay away from Finch Farm.

I expect a man in his position to be ruthless and take the club by the scruff of the neck. He was brought in to take control, but if the reports circulating are anything like being true we can see just how little he is in charge of the situation.

The days of failing to eradicate this virus at Everton are at an end...we cant afford the infection anymore and it needs killing stone dead. We are headed to the oblivion of the bottom half of the table if we dont see that happen.

A DoF worth their salt takes charge of a club like this, having all the intelligence of it at their disposal, and immediately - before doing any other business - gets rid of Ferguson, Jeffers, Unsworth, Ebbrell etc etc and Baines, Jagielka, Schneiderlin are immediately placed on the transfer list and told to stay away from Finch Farm.

I expect a man in his position to be ruthless and take the club by the scruff of the neck. He was brought in to take control, but if the reports circulating are anything like being true we can see just how little he is in charge of the situation.

The days of failing to eradicate this virus at Everton are at an end...we cant afford the infection anymore and it needs killing stone dead. We are headed to the oblivion of the bottom half of the table if we dont see that happen.

I couldn't agree more. This is the third (possibly fourth but no one was arsed under Alladyce) manager where the team seems to be giving well less than maximum. The club needs to be cleansed of the bad apples immediately and I agree that Brands needs to take care of it.....why can I see him trying, Kenwright getting in his way and Moshiri being too spinless to interject. Especially if it are "the old boys" who are causing the issue. There is no room for sentiment anymore.

For your hypothesis to be true (that it’s largely due to a big gulf in class) we would have to believe that this team collectively (and the individuals within it) are playing roughly to their potential.

In which case, nobody would have a problem with Marco. They do, which would seem to indicate that most blues feel that we’re a far better outfit than results and performances would have us believe.
Trouble is fans see £100m spent and they expect to be challenging top four... Reality is the club has squandered a vast fortune on mediocrity manager and player wise and is now paying for it.

well mate, my suspicions were aroused when Capt Jags and Bainesy were caught on CCTV turning up at FF with Black and Decker jig saws.
Now the glory holes cut in the FF bogs might have been cut by anybody...but, regarding the rumoured trouble-making machinations of Capt Jags and Bainesy (and we all owe @davek a complimentary nod for bringing such to light), the CCTV evidence isn't exactly exculpating.

Something stinks at Everton....and not just in the toilets.

If what I was told on Saturday is even a little bit correct, maybe. Whether there was a ruck after the match or not, (I dont know), things aint brilliant within the squad. Apparently.

For those at the Millwall game what was the reaction of players out of camera shot to our goals.

I could see Coleman as Captain was delighted and celebrating with those involved on TV but how did other defenders, Pickford, midfielders react??

Just read an article it asked that question what's gone wrong. Up until the Derby game we looked good even if the results weren't always there but now, we are not pressing high like we did, the counter attack has stopped and we have reverted back to being painfully slow in possession. I can't figure out how this happened we are basically playing how we did in Martínez last season.

Quite simple for me, teams have now had enough games to watch us and nullify us. Regardless of the derby teams were eventually gonna click on to pressure Gomes and give Gueye free reign. They now know how to stop the winger playing up top. They know Sigurdsson now leave a massive gap when he plays as a second forward. And Bernard is no longer an unknown quantity.

When you get sussed the important thing is to change things, elements of surprise. Unfortunately Silva looks incapable of that at the minute.

It's not just post derby though. This demise stems back years. It's just there's a lot worse football clubs in the Premiership - it doesn't look half bad. Does anyone remember how awful last years AGM was, the one when Moshiri came out and said something about Lukaku on a finding himself mission or something? That AGM was laughable and makes me think what on earth is going on in the background? The new CEO Denise BB said she is planning for Champions League. In what century is this because that is not going to happen. There are six sides well ahead of where we are and the gulf will always be that wide. If they scrap 4th place and just do top 3 then CL is a pipe dream. Why didn't Barkley sign a contract? What did Samuel Eto'o really say to the players? What was Distin's fall out all about? Why is Jagielka still on the books? Is being an Everton player the easiest job in football? What is Bolasie doing? Why does Silva seem so demotivated? If Gueye goes out, who comes in? Any bids for a striker? Why are season tickets so cheap? Why is there a waiting list?

No but seriously, it's not good and hasn't been for a while. There's more to it than what we see on the pitch,

Status
Not open for further replies.