What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Lucas Oil Stadium?

22362.46793.jpg
That's the one, I quite like the look of that, I bet the acoustics are pretty good in that thing.

That's the one, I quite like the look of that, I bet the acoustics are pretty good in that thing.

It's very loud. Usually I'm all for the retro look, but I think we should go for something shiny and modern. But I could live with that too. Just not something souless like the Riverside or the Ricoh.

Wait, so we're going to see sleeve sponsors soon but this expert says we'll have trouble selling naming rights to Bramley Moore? Nonsense.

Makes you laugh. World class stadium on the banks of the Mersey. Start the bidding at £10 million a year for a decade.

Completely hypothetical, as we obviously have a budget, but if you could choose between a roof or a pitch that dropped down a level, what would you have?
Inspired by looking at Lille's stadium, they have a retractable pitch, that appears to move half way, for other sporting events.
For all those worried about empty seats, this could be the solution. Add or substract approx 10,000 seats with the flick of a switch......
IMG_1484.JPG

Just for fun kids. Don't be writing in now.

Completely hypothetical, as we obviously have a budget, but if you could choose between a roof or a pitch that dropped down a level, what would you have?
Inspired by looking at Lille's stadium, they have a retractable pitch, that appears to move half way, for other sporting events.
For all those worried about empty seats, this could be the solution. Add or substract approx 10,000 seats with the flick of a switch......
View attachment 35736

Just for fun kids. Don't be writing in now.

I'd retract the pitch if it's not a single purpose stadium. But what happens where the sections meet? Is there no trouble with the grass?

I'd retract the pitch if it's not a single purpose stadium. But what happens where the sections meet? Is there no trouble with the grass?
That pic was just an example of the extra seating that can be achieved. I mean the the whole thing dropping down a level.
I've thought about it for half an hour, and the easiest solution is flicking a switch......

Plus we don't have to fill the foundations in as much with John Bishop, James Corden and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.