GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we signed him I thought he was too small in size or stature.
Doesn’t command his box.
But we signed him so the fans needed to back him.
Since signing him it’s noticeable how quiet he is too. Top goalies scream, shout and snarl at the defence to organise it.

I think he should be a priority along with a few others, RB, CH, CM. Basically the spine needs a service

Somebody said it earlier I dont see him as being that good that we wont be able to replace him. Although I also wouldnt try and blame everything on him either there are other people paid to keep the ball away from our net and its not just the keeper.

Somebody said it earlier I dont see him as being that good that we wont be able to replace him. Although I also wouldnt try and blame everything on him either there are other people paid to keep the ball away from our net and its not just the keeper.
It's been downhill from the Liverpool crossbar fiasco, he's not good enough if Everton have ambitions to challenge the top 6.

I shouldn’t see and hear as much about him as I do.

the only thing you should know about your goalie is what he does on match day, and yet this bell is constantly in my eyeline for other things.

he needs to grow up, and if he can’t do it here he can do it somewhere else for me.

get yourself behaving like an adult and a professional or get yourself gone.

Would sell if we get the right bid in for him just feel we need other players in first wouldnt surprise me to see us looking at a gk in the future

I go through the questions of:
(A) Could we get a better keeper if we sold him?
(B) At 25, are there years of growth left in the tank?
(C) He fills a English roster spot.

I don't think there is a better keeper out their that is realistic. Would I love a Ter Stegen, Oblak? Of course. Not a realistic shout. I do think he will mature in goal more as long as he plays. It would be nice to see him with a decent defense/midfield that relieves some of the pressure on him. Keep him unless an absolutely dumb bid comes in for him and we can bag 50m.

I don't know why, as fans we are singling him out as a scape goat, I still disagree that their goals the other night were his fault. It seems by some, he will never be liked here. I'm not sure what the answer would be. We have Englands number one keeper, factually and I don't know where we would get better
I don't like or agree with the constant criticism of him
It doesn’t that he is, currently,England’s goalkeeper, it is how he plays for Everton that counts, he is a very good shot stopper but poor at a lot of other aspects of a goalkeepers game including dealing with centres, lining up his defence at free kicks, shouting instructions to his defence, he’s brilliant at shouting at them after the opposing attack is over, doubt if he inspires confidence in his fellow defenders, disributing the ball is hit and miss, he has a serious lack of concentration, but like I said he is a very good shot stopper but gives me the sh*ts when the other team get a corner or a free kick.

What are the “Digne rumours“?
Him and/or his missus don't like it here and are agitating for a move. Supposedly wanted to join Lyon before Ancelotti came in and pulled the plug. Also Chelsea meant to be looking at him too. Could all be BS but seems to tie in with him looking a shadow of the player he was last season.

Him being England's number one is not a redeeming factor for me like it seems to be for some. Don't know that I would say he's not good enough in general, but would certainly say he hasn't been recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.