GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Because he's not playing as well as you'd like him to because if only he had a backup putting pressure on him. Because Alisson is being "pushed" by Adrian, and Ederson is being pushed by Bravo

Right
Alisson is the best in the Prem and Ederson is a top class goalkeeper, both don't need pressure because they are in their prime. Both Adrian and Bravo would be better backups than Lossl and Stek "right"? They literally take turns each week on the bench. I'm just offering a alternative view than just getting rid of Pickford because I don't want us to.

Alisson is the best in the Prem and Ederson is a top class goalkeeper, both don't need pressure because they are in their prime. Both Adrian and Bravo would be better backups than Lossl and Stek "right"? They literally take turns each week on the bench. I'm just offering a alternative view than just getting rid of Pickford because I don't want us to.
I wouldn't argue Adrian and Bravo are better than Lossl or Stek. Adrian was forced out of West Ham FFS

My point is those guys aren't that great. And two clubs with more money than us aren't investing heavily in a backup keeper. How in the world are we expected to invest in someone that is closer to Pickford's level - and make no mistake he's clearly the best we have.

This whole notion that a backup keeper needs to "put pressure" on a top keeper is silly. If nothing else, we know our guy has arrogance in spades, he wants to be the best in the world, and he believes he can be. No pressure from a backup keeper is going to make him play any better, mate.

There are those among us that believe that every single save Pickford has ever made for us was "one he should have made."

It's an impossible circular argument

Patricio was free, dubravka was 5 mil, Fabianski was a couple of mill, Ryan was tuppence, Heaton was tuppence, Guaita free, Leno cheaper, McCarthy cheaper, etc etc

it’s a bs argument to say we can’t get better because he cost a fortune, like saying we can’t do better than Sigurdsson

He's......pretty good? and never really played w/ a defence that you could describe as pretty good (maybe England?). if someone wants to drive a truckload of cash over to goodison by all means sell. Until then I don't think keeper is really one of our eleventy problems that we have right now. So just buy a couple of very young keepers on the cheap that we like, throw them into the loan-a-rama and see if one emerges.

Patricio was free, dubravka was 5 mil, Fabianski was a couple of mill, Ryan was tuppence, Heaton was tuppence, Guaita free, Leno cheaper, McCarthy cheaper, etc etc

it’s a bs argument to say we can’t get better because he cost a fortune, like saying we can’t do better than Sigurdsson

Our fans would go mental if we tried to sign any of those keepers

In fact, I remember getting roasted for suggesting Heaton pre-Pickford

Let's get the real problem areas sorted first and then worry about Pickford.

When we get to the point that every other area of the squad is sorted and we need a new goalkeeper then we will have a very good team.

This basically

The next tier up from Pickford are top six keepers who cost buckets, none of which would come to us because we're mince
No the next tier of keeper up from Pickford are mid table keepers, not one team in the current top 11 would take him as a first choice now and very few below us would either

Status
Not open for further replies.